Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vinyl wrap or sprayed

Niickm93

Hi I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this! So what I'm wanting is the bit I have circled in the picture and i was wondering is this done with a vinyl wrap 

As I said probably a stupid question but I'm clueless with this 

thanks 

IMG_1077.JPG

50 minutes ago, Niickm93 said:

Hi I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this! So what I'm wanting is the bit I have circled in the picture and i was wondering is this done with a vinyl wrap 

As I said probably a stupid question but I'm clueless with this 

thanks 

IMG_1077.JPG

Hi,

you could paint it but From my own personal experience having fitted a Gloss black front splitter which was painted numerous times to cover stone chips; your much better to wrap it because the stones don't impact on the wrap as much as they do in paint.

IMG_20130405_084929_zpsc754682a.jpg

IMG_20130405_093204_zps873e2a0d.jpg

I used to spray mine every six months 😅

IMG_20140905_104511_zpsezgl7iok.jpg

IMG_20140905_104840_zpsx5hidi1e.jpg

• Like 2

Hi

painting is only any good if you can bake the paint in a oven in a body repair shop I painted my bonnet lip with a can but soon lost all its shine and looked as if I had sand blasted it lol 

• Like 2

additionally with paint, if you nudge the bumper against something and it flexes, the paint can crack.

Also, in many cases when people spray things, they do not prepare the surface properly which means the paint can flake easily, particularly if the plastic flexes.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, a vinyl wrap is much more practical and gives awesome look to your car. My vinyl wrap project was installed by Gatorwraps and I am very satisfied!

To behonest the blacked out lower section is so cheesy in my mind, I'm starting to see loads of Fords done this way and even on Vauxhall's as well as Citroen's :w00t:

Was it the Toyota Aygo which first had this done by the manufacturer ? Then every modder jumped on the band wagon :whistling:

Just my opinion but if the Fiesta you have is an S1600 I'd not mess about wrapping or painting the lower pumper but that's just me.

It gets done on fiestas and focus to mimic the front grill of a Mk2 focus RS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarksST said:

It gets done on fiestas and focus to mimic the front grill of a Mk2 focus RS

But why ?  it shouldn't be mimicking it's older brother  :ohmy:

It's like when I see 3 door Titanium X's and the chrome is removed & blacked out and ZetecS badges & alloys fitted! Why buy a Titanium X in the first place :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

But why ?  it shouldn't be mimicking it's older brother  :ohmy:

It's like when I see 3 door Titanium X's and the chrome is removed & blacked out and ZetecS badges & alloys fitted! Why buy a Titanium X in the first place :rolleyes:

Because that's what people do ...

We like to make our cars personal and different

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

Because that's what people do ... We like to make our cars personal and different

I'm not telling not to do such mods, just trying to understand that bit more why some would paint in the black section!

Not like I've not altered things on our Fiesta.... I have :wink: