Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony stereo to Satnav retrofit 2016 model

bigchunk

Hi, picking up a wee 2016 titanium tdci next week, 6 months old and 400 miles on the clock, lovely wee car but as usual my obsession with tinkering has already started to kick in.

so, it has the Sony dab stereo but I was looking to retrofit the Sony satnav system but can't find any info on this already being done yet, does anybody know if it's just a straight forward swap of LCD display and buttons panel or will there be programming issues too? (I know I will probably need to add a gps aerial too)

Also possibly look to ad the reverse camera while I'm at it if anyone has any info on tha too it would be greatly appreciated.

Chances are you will run into programming issues. The stereo should be a straight swap, bar the gps module but the car may not know it's been installed. If so you will be in the same boat as me and need to find someone with Ford IDS to activate it. The vcm (connects laptop to obd2) for IDS is about £1000 depending on where you look. Usually a independent dealer (Ford won't go near it) will charge like £50 to activate it, that's if it is possible.

Thanks for the reply Luke, sounds like it should be a possibility then, just need to try and get confirmation from someone that can do the coding. 

It is possible, you need to do all these things:

- Replace the FCDIM (screen) for a version with sat nav function (with the sd holder above the screen)
- Install a GPS antenna
- Program the BCM (in some cases you don't have to). This can be done with a IDS adapter, ELM327 with Forscan and an extended license or the Russian UCDS adapter
- Install an antenne wire from the screen to the radio (otherwise you don't have TMC)
- Install two audio wires from the screen to the radio (otherwise you won't hear the spoken direction's)
- Replace the Facia with sat nav buttons

And that should be all.

• Like 1

thanks for the info Harry, if you get the chance and have the info available, could you possibly send me the details on the correct audio wires and the antenna wire, as in if you know the correct pin numbers to fit them in.

Cheers,

Duncan.

13 hours ago, bigchunk said:

thanks for the info Harry, if you get the chance and have the info available, could you possibly send me the details on the correct audio wires and the antenna wire, as in if you know the correct pin numbers to fit them in.

Cheers,

Duncan.

FCDIM pin 6 -> Radio Pin 4
FCDIM pin 12 -> Radio pin 5

This information comes from a Focus MK3. But the sat nav is the same in a Fiesta MK7,5.

The antenna wiring is a bit different. The black fakra connector needs to be removed from your radio and needs to go to the black fakra connector on your screen (FCDIM). And a new (short) wire should go from the pink fakra connector on your screen to the black fakra connector on your radio.

The blue fakra connector on your screen is for the GPS antenna. And if there is a round green (4-pin) connector on your screen, you can connect a rear view camera. 

That's awesome Harry, just need to see if I can get anyone near Hamilton/Glasgow area to code it for me and I will go ahead with this retrofit.

hi. you can programme it with forscan just change the FCDIM options to 5 inch screen and ICP to either branded (sony) or non branded (ford) navigation.

• Like 1

Cheers R, going to order up the cable and give it a go, don't suppose you also know the settings to activate the reverse camera, while I'm in there?

• 2 months later...

You need full license forscan and will need to access the main apm module and select engineering 2 then you can change the values to yes or I in rear camera 

• Like 1

Hi guys I've retrofitted satnav to my fiesta st2 2014 got the rear camera up and running through forscan and connected the fakra leads between stereo and fcmd but had no luck with the nav audio I've tried the pin outs between stereo and fcmd what's been said and nothing is happening no audio I have wires coming out of  fcmd display in them pins going somewhere in the loom at back of dash already but not going into stereo plug loom any suggestions really want to get this audio up and running help would be appreciated 

• 1 month later...

The wires are in pins 6 11 12 

pin 6 is grey brown

pin11 is a  earth wire braided with a loose insulation around it 

pin 12 is a grey green colour I'm presuming it's to do with camera wiring even though I'm using a 4 pin video cable in the green socket any ideas guys why I can't get audio to nav I have disconnected these wires in 6 and 12 and tried wires to the stereo to the fcidm

but nothing happening 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club