Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Camera

Gabbo_21

Hi all, got my new Kuga, but as I wanted quick, I took advantage of a pre build car which a local dealership had within group. With this there was 1 option I couldn't get, which was reverse camera (ideal when reversing up to my scout groups trailer) so looking into a retro fit. As I want to make it at least look at stock as possible, could I ask anyone who has a Mk2 (or even a Mk2.5) to do me a pic of the camera location on the tailgate.

I have managed to get a harness to make up a loom which I can solder to (make from a car stereo loom & after market to ISO loom) from a focus at the scrappy (after it was wrapped round a lamp post)

Will update my progress but would like all the pieces first.

• 1 month later...

Hope you win.

How will you interface with the new sync 3 system?

The Sync 2 and 3 are the same pin outs, so most of the Sync 2 details online work.

I have made an extension loom from a plug from a smashed up focus st with sync2 and a loom I brought from the US to allow after market installs. Family member picked it up for $15. From pins 14 & 15 I have broken out to a RCA connector for use with a camera. The loom has been installed and a RCA extension has been ran to rear of the Kuga. I need to get my laptop out to enable reverse camera and pick a camera to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome keep the thread updated and pics. 

I'd like to add front and rear cameras for sure ! 

Not sure on the front camera this method, but there are 3rd party units for multiple feeds

• 2 years later...
On 3/26/2017 at 9:07 PM, Gabbo_21 said:

The Sync 2 and 3 are the same pin outs, so most of the Sync 2 details online work.

I have made an extension loom from a plug from a smashed up focus st with sync2 and a loom I brought from the US to allow after market installs. Family member picked it up for $15. From pins 14 & 15 I have broken out to a RCA connector for use with a camera. The loom has been installed and a RCA extension has been ran to rear of the Kuga. I need to get my laptop out to enable reverse camera and pick a camera to install

Did you manage to find out the required data to enable the reverse camera from Forscan?