Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

I think the point that many are trying to make is that the Fiesta (1.6 engine especially) is easily cabable of achieving low 40's mpg driven reasonably ie 5th gear at 30 mph, 75 on a flat motorway. I assure you, you really don't have to work that engine hard to move around at a normal pace. It will quite happily sit in 5th from 30 mph.

My long term average is around 40 mpg which really isn't that bad for how I drive it.

If it was in your hands I'm sure you could push that to 45 which isn't too far of the 'claimed' figures.

So yes long long term it doesn't achieve its 47.9 ( unreal world) but its not impossible to do it over shorter time frames and Im not just talking about hypermiling two miles down the road.

Things that positively affect my MPG are:

Regular journeys on our country roads( 40 + mpg easy to acheive at 50 -60 mph)

I don't have a fear of fifth gear when driving at 30mph in town.

Regular motorway runs. (Car will do 43-45 mpg at 70 on flat motorways easily)

Things that negatively affect my MPG:

I like give it full beans when accelerating onto motorways (and sometimes up the 300 metre altitude climb upto the Snake Pass summet) before easing off the power.

I spend upto 40 minutes a day in stop start traffic.

Lots of mornings ( like when it was -16) using the heated windscreen.

Long stretches of uphill motorway really do sap fuel at 75 ish !!!

The postive and negative aspects of my driving conditions and style have been fairly simalar (bar the super cold conditions) week in and week out since I bought the car in Jan 2010.

Cutting out the short bursts of heavy throttle action and driving normally increase my MPG over many tankfuls to 42- 43.5 ish. I guess it shows just how much fuel I used when you bury the pedal !

This all pretty much applies to my zetec S too!

achieving about 37-40 at the mo; its pretty good on motorways (at ~70mph) but then drops through manc city centre driving! :(

Im preeetty sure if i got to drove the snake pass frequently it would badly affect my mpg too :D ...going down the cat and fiddle trashes mine for me :rolleyes:

listening to music by prodigy also has a negative effect :lol: as well as overtaking lorries/drivers hogging the middle lane on the motorway :angry:

Never noticed the heated windscreen having an effect on the mpg though...?

I do miss seeing at least 400 on the trip computer at a full tank on my last tdci version though! i just missed petrol too much....

Oh and going from the 16" wheels to the 17's had an effect too, by around 4 mpg on the tdci.

Oh and going from the 16" wheels to the 17's had an effect too, by around 4 mpg on the tdci.

Interesting, was this positive or negative?

I'm assuming negative as you can't get them on the diesel anymore.

I have had my car for two months done a lot of miles its a 1.6 zetec s petrol. average about 41 MPG just switched form 16" wheels to 17" so will see if it has an effect or not. I do a mix of country and urban roads.

negative, went from 52-53 down to 48-49

Just put 18's on my Mk7 1.6 120ps petrol model and I now achieve 42mpg with cautious driving.

Glad I didn't bung an extra £1600 down for the diesel now!

Glad I didn't bung an extra £1600 down for the diesel now!

There is only a difference of £750 on list price?

I just got a reading of 47mpg on my auto - a personal record ! (was on a bit of an eco mission mind) :D

I think the ZS would do alot better on the motorways if Ford included Cruise control

Watching the Trip computer anxiously as I adjust my foot by 1 degree to see the effect on MPG would be avoided if FORD included the option!

cruise control IS an option ... Ford offers it as an option.

No they don't. It is standard on a Titanium but no other model has it - not even as an optional extra.

220 miles into this tank of regular Shell unleaded, averaging 49.2MPG 1.6 ZS

Just got my 1.6TD ZS (90BHP). Did a 140 mile round trip (120 motorway / 20 A roads), driving at 60mph and returned 61mpg (air con off).

Happy with that.

Moderators /admin can we either have a new thread or add to the poll 50+mpg and 60+ to the diesel (and petrol too if you like) the poll scale is not really relative with only a 40+ as many diesel owners are getting 60mpg and the current poll scale does not reflect this fact

Moderators /admin – can we either have a new thread or add to the poll 50+mpg and 60+ to the diesel (and petrol too if you like) the poll scale is not really relative with only a 40+ as many diesel owners are getting 60mpg and the current poll scale does not reflect this fact

Updated it :)

Deleted my 40+ vote and gone in the 50-60 range :)

Deleted my 40+ vote and gone in the 50-60 range :)

Same here!

and here :D ( ta for the update :) )

I do occasionally just get into the 60+ range, but to be fair its usually around 58 -59 mpg

220 miles into this tank of regular shell unleaded, averaging 49.2MPG 1.6 ZS

Madness, motorway miles or what?

I've just changed my vote too, im now in the 50-60 mpg range!

Im very happy with that considering i dont always drive like an Eco Angel and considering my average speed is only 23 mph, i'd say that pretty much town driving all the time! :D

On my longest Eco run, sitting at 57 mph (cruise control nearly 100% of the time) all the way to Amsterdam I got:

Left early Thursday morning in July 2010

from Cambridge to Dover

Ferry to Calais

Drove to Amsterdam parked in a park and ride, had a wicked stagg do for my friend

Drove back all the way through Holland and Brussels to France ferry to Dover and ended up at Stansted before I had to fill up!

I made it 670 miles! But then again the coast of Holland, Brussels and France are really flat... :D

How come you filled up 40.50 liters diesel while the dieseltank is only max. 40 liters ?

Thanks for pointing that out! I never did get my head round that site properly, I was just plugging in what my receipt said, I guess i just brimmed it? I always go to 3 clicks when filling up.

Either way I'm not using the site any more, too much hassle with receipts and i never remember to write it up!

Titanium 1.6 TDCi 95PS

about 45mpg but I drive it like I stole it ;)

might settle my driving style down soon and repost my revised MPG

Yay, will change mine too. Is it the highest you've got average over a tank or lifetime average?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club