Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

Ive got a fiesta metal which ive had for a year now, great car and my average over the year is 37.5mpg.

I've just rest my computer, so I will keep an eye on it and post back in a weeks time or so :)

Hi, in my opinion I have yet to get anywhere near Fords mpg figures, even with a steady get there sometime drive it fails to impress.

The only car that I have owned that was really impressive was a Skoda Octavia 1.9 pd 130bhp, should have kept it but it wouldn't pull the bigger caravan.

As someone stated fuel is expensive -liquid gold in my view, so we all just keep filling them up regardless.

My Volvo D5 4x4 2.4ltr can cruise at 70 and still return 40 mpg-without van-but only 28mpg with so why does a 1.6 tdci in a featherweight car only get 50mpg at 70 mph? gearing and torque have the answers.

Volvo ticks over at about 1,800rpm in 6th at 70mph, Fiesta in top-5th about 3,000rpm. working almost twice as hard.

You cant win unless Ford provide a 6 speed box I have no chance at matching official figures.

But then I can remember when my Renault 16 ts then tx only did 30s to the gallon-I was only a teenager then lol. so things aren't too bad for mpg-fuel costs are.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

I completely agree. After driving a 6 speed Focus, 70mph in a Fiesta just seems to be torture to the engine both rev and noise wise. And with the cost of fuel rising by April, makes it even worse!

Hi Paul, yes the Fiesta does rev too high for todays motoring especially the tdci's as they don't have to rev to progress!

Fuel costs are beyond a joke as it is and as you say more rises to come soon.

We cannot use public transport to get to work as there isn't any at the times we need.

Maybe I should have bought a Focus 6 speed.

Cheers

Martin.

Pretty pleased. Just used Esso fuel in my car for the first time. On a 160 mile round trip I pulled 43.8MPG average peaking at 44.1. Don't think that's too bad considering I had a load of a full P.A and music equipment which weighs a tonne.

Fifth Gear did a comparison last year of supermarket and advanced fuels and found the differences were negliglible in both mpg and bhp, guess the same applies to standard fuels as well, so no point in paying more than you absolutely have to. Perhaps if you ran an advanced fuel constantly it might help reduce engine wear or even improve overall performance but weigh the price differences and is it really worth it?

My previous car, 2008 Mondeo 1.8 diesel returned only around 42mpg over a 4 year period, my petrol zetec s is still running at 37 which I think is pretty good, I know it is a smaller lighter vehicle but I definately drive it much harder than the diesel. I think the only real difference with diesel is if you do a lot of motorway cruising.

I only used the standard Esso fuel as it was 138.9 which I was pleased with as the other 2 around here are 141.9 and 143.9! I then passed another Esso later on which was 141.9. All this inconsistency with prices is a nightmare!

I do a lot of motorway driving and when it wasn't too cold I was getting 50-55mpg but recently it's always below 50mpg and not just by a little. Bit disappointed but I suppose I'm not the most economical driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how you drive.
I tried out driving differently to see the distance I get..

For £10, driving normal (shifting gear at 2k revs) I can get about 50 - 60 miles sometimes a bit more.
Reving up and red lining (reving 1st, I can get to 30, then 2nd can get up to 70-80 I havent attempted redlining 3rd or 4th)
can eat up the petrol in no time at all.

Fair to say, I try drive in 4th gear as often as possible,5th for motorways.

The missus has just passed 1150m in her Ecoboost (100PS).

We reset the trip at 1000 and pre 1K it was averaging 37.8mpg, now its showing 41mpg avg. Not as good as the documentation would suggest but its heading in the right direction.

I get 55mpg out of my diesel 1.6 but I do have the roof rack fitted, Im sure I could get a few more if I drove better

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Did 257miles yesterday most of it motorway 2 long trips some town, bit of hills in Derbyshire filled up(ESSO) before I left reset all on board com.

On board says 54.1 miles per gal: so filled up 19Lts ESSO about 4,25 gal did a bit of maths looks like it did about 60 mpg.

my 1.0 125 ecoboost has just ticked over 500 miles and is showing an average of 40 mpg and that is 95% town driving with the other 5% on A roads.
Will be taking it on a longish run this weekend and will report back with the mpg over the trip

• 9 months later...

I get between 51 and 55mpg - which is pretty darned good for semi-rural driving.

Love my lil' mk 7 Fiesta: cheap as chips on fuel compared to my beloved ol' mk 1 Focus!!

:)

• 3 months later...

I'm very late to the party I'll admit, but I'm new to the site too so shoot me :)

I've averaged around the 55mpg mark since day 1 in my 1.4 TDCi, on a daily drive of around 35miles round trip. This is about 2.5miles A roads and 15miles of motorway. Other, non commute driving driving is roughly 60/40 in favour of A roads. Overall average speed seems to fall around the 30mph mark. It seems I could probably expect around mid 40s from a petrol version so maybe diesel isn't necessarily ideal for me in my circumstances, until it comes to UK getaways.

On a trip from Bolton to Loch Lomond last year I was impressed with the mpg I got going up there. A quick trip to one of the lakes on the way through and staying in the 56-70mph range all the way, not counting roadworks (I drive a truck for a living and 56 is so ingrained into me it's hard to move away from it) and I actually got it to high 80s mpg without cruise control. I'm swapping in for a 1.5TDCi Titanium soon so hopefully these trends will continue, especially with price of the stuff these days.