Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

Having my new car for three days my miles per gallon have steadied at 33mpg, I know that's not particularly special but the engine is still very new, just wondering what everyone else is getting and if anyone is matching what Ford advertised?

I'm getting about that but bearing in mind how I drive I am more than happy . . . lol

Im getting 47 which is great as far as I am concerned (at the moment) coz my pupils all crawl along and sit there at intervals for ages and then I give her some welly after work coz I feel sorry for her!!

And only done 300odd miles.

BUT Ford claim well over 60mpg average....we shall see!

im getting around 41-43 from my 1.4 petrol.

Im getting about 35 - 55 out of my 1.4 Petrol

Such as large gap between 35 and 55 because it depends how i drive it :)

Having my new car for three days my miles per gallon have steadied at 33mpg, I know that's not particularly special but the engine is still very new, just wondering what everyone else is getting and if anyone is matching what Ford advertised?

As at present I do not own a Fiesta so can not give any direct mpg figures.

But what I do want to say is that since joining this forum I have seen many postings related to mpg and many people are not too happy with their results.

Overall it appears that for a small car the Fiesta is one of the poorer performers with respect to mpg.

What is it about this car is general, particularly the petrol versions that give uncompetitive mpg figures. Many other larger cars can do much better than the current Fiestas. I have heard/seen recorded that there is a software update that can improve this but little is recored on this forum.

Many people buy this car based upon the published mpg figures only to be disappointed when they try to achieve them in the real world.

Many be I've got it all wrong but in the present economic climate running cost/mpg do have a bearing on what to purchase.

While I don't have the Fiesta (durr!), I almost guarantee that it's down to driving style. Ford quote mpg for my Focus, and I can best it easily - as long as I pay attention. 69 mpg is about the best I've got from my diesel. Ford say no more than 65 extra-urban cycle at a push.

In reality, 55mpg is fair at a good mix, from how I drive and where I drive.

It depends alot on the type of driving too, like city driving is constant stopping starting in low gears where motorway is just crusing in high gear with revs about 3500 at 70

40 plus, hell I can get 50 plus if I drive in fifth at 30 haha. Still doesn't make the petrol cheaper :(

I average about 37 to 40 (very rarely 40) in my petrol Zetec-S... I tend to be a bit heavy footed with the accelerator though and do alot of stop/start journeys, not much motorway driving, so I can't complain!

I'm getting about 34-35mpg over the first 1200 miles in my 1.6. That includes a lot of short urban journeys and I have a fairly heavy right foot.

Here we go again.

It's very unlikely that you will attain the mpg figures issued by the manufacturers due to the figures they get being done in laboratory conditions and on a rolling road.

It's been done to death before.

Last debate on MPG.

• Like 1

TITANIUM

1.6 Ti-VCT

19,000m - Mosly motorway, but a lot of town, city, county roads

7 months old

Riding on X-Pak 17" alloys

MPG (according to the cars computer):

at present 44

Range between 42 driving hard and max of about 46 with cruise set to 70 on the M/way in perfect conditions

One thing though is that its worth doing manual calcualtions to find out actual MPG

ie. brim the tank, do a couple of hundered miles on the m/way, brim the tank again and do the maths youself. Same goes to get figures for town driving.

Personally I would expect a difference of between 3 and 6 mpg, but have not tested this yet myself

When I worked out the actual mpg on our 1.6tdci, it came out at 50/51 when the car is showing 51/52... I was quite surprised how close the computer was to the actual

I get 40mpg driving well and 36 driving with a heavy right foot on my 1.4 with 17" tyres

I think you gyus are getting pretty good figures for the petrols...not bad at all to be honest, esp with 120bhp, me COlt Gti 1.6 was lucky to get 27/28 on a run!! that had 120bhp was frickin quick but useless on a run!!

i have a 1.6tdci zs with 17s and im only getn lyk 36mpg bout twn with a heavy right foot n bout 42 if im taken it easy

I get about 41-42MPG based on an average speed of 28-29MPH still car has done less than 6,000 miles so I don't expect to see the best figures until the car gets between 8,000 and 12,000 miles like every other car I have ever owned with less than 10,000 miles on it.

My wife's 1.6 tdci is showing about 41 mpg on the computer. Which i think is a bit low. I would of expected closer to 50mpg

Over the last 1000 miles (car has done 3200 in 2 months) I've averaged 56mpg on my 1.4 tdci. Driving into Sheffield city centre always kills it :(

1.6 petrol with dress up kit geting 29mpg ! went 100 miles (motorway driving) in 5 gear at about 50 mph and still only changed 0.3 !!!!! whats going on ?

Driving around the North circular in the rush hour my 1.4 diesel is giving me about 48 /50. On a run at 70mph I'm getting about 55.

I had a Renault Megane cc 1.6 Petrol and that did 34mpg in town and 42 on a run, so I'm saving a bit, but of course the megane was a much higher spec. Even had nice Speakers IN THE BACK !!! :angry:

info read out is currently 52mpg – my fiesta 1.4tcdi is used as a driving school car so there is lots of short low gear work, plus my wife likes to ‘borrow’ it to nip down the shops in if she gets half a chance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club