Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

1.6 petrol normal driving hovers around the 46mpg mark be a uber eco nerd driver and it creeps up to 50mpg but i need to get places in something resembaling time. Worst it drops to is 40mpg if were doing alot of town driving.

Would be be that I need to go for long drives to get the high MPG, the 12 miles to work and 12 miles back an't doing it, plus I seem to do twisty country roads on random drives!

Just about 1300 on the clock and im hitting 43.3, tho im mostly motorway driving, could this get better as the engine beds in over the new few thousand?

27218_502419248363_272200002_11685_1933411_n.jpg

Seem to do about this in a 50 zone, although I think the computer may be telling porkies...

Seem to do about this in a 50 zone, although I think the computer may be telling porkies...

it's doable at 50mph but who drives that slow in reality.

on a side note, i was getting abismal economy out of my 1.6 derv but after kicking off at ford they had the car in and reset and updated the PCM and now economy is far better and am hitting 50mpg around town which isn't far off the 54mpg claimed in the book.. well happy :)

75.4!!!! Thats insane! :blink:

I drive the 1.6 petrol mark 7 zetec s and a Merc C class 2.7 diesel i get 32mpg from the little light weight modern ford with all the Eco technology built into it and 51.2mpg out of my 10 yr old heavy none eco built Merc on the same journey,

I made a mistake buying this Fiesta and will admit it it was the fact I had a scrapper to put in that made me get a brand new car, I now wish I had sold the scrapper for a few hundred quid put the rest of the money together and bought a high quality well built car with good return of fuel like a BMW 330 around 4 yrs old more luxury, better miles to the gallon and a better sell on price in 2 yrs time,

The build is no good on Ford, the after care is no good from Ford, the MPG for such a small modern car is quite frankly terrible, the nasty water based paint is showing more chips every Sunday when I wash it, For a sports model its slower than most standard cars even has the old very heavy drum breaks on the back.

I drive the 1.6 petrol mark 7 zetec s and a Merc C class 2.7 diesel i get 32mpg from the little light weight modern ford with all the Eco technology built into it and 51.2mpg out of my 10 yr old heavy none eco built Merc on the same journey,

I made a mistake buying this Fiesta and will admit it it was the fact I had a scrapper to put in that made me get a brand new car, I now wish I had sold the scrapper for a few hundred quid put the rest of the money together and bought a high quality well built car with good return of fuel like a BMW 330 around 4 yrs old more luxury, better miles to the gallon and a better sell on price in 2 yrs time,

The build is no good on Ford, the after care is no good from Ford, the MPG for such a small modern car is quite frankly terrible, the nasty water based paint is showing more chips every Sunday when I wash it, For a sports model its slower than most standard cars even has the old very heavy drum breaks on the back.

Out of (genuine) interest, do you reckon you'd feel the same way if you had the 1.6 TDCi? If you compare to the equivalent petrol Mercedes and BMW, it wouldn't perhaps look so stark!

I now have a 1.6 petrol ZS.

I got 51.9 mpg on the drive from Peterborough to the South Coast when I took delivery, I am getting 42.3 mpg on my drive to work (26 miles each way, mix of single/dual carriageway, motorway and a few 30/40 limits.

Drove like an absolute angel yesterday to see what I could get and got 56.2mpg on a 20 mile journey B)

My 1.6 petrol is giving my better mpg with 1k miles on the clock that my 1.4 petrol did after 17k miles

Im running on 17"'s too

I drive the 1.6 petrol mark 7 zetec s and i get 32mpg from the little light weight modern ford with all the Eco technology built into it

Sorry, but if you're getting 32mpg you're either doing all town driving or you are caining the engine.

My 1.6 petrol is giving my better mpg with 1k miles on the clock that my 1.4 petrol did after 17k miles

A big part of that is probably because the engines less strained under normal driving. I'm getting the same economy from my mk7 as I did from my 1.25 - far better on the motorway.

Well, Ive had the car 11 days. There was £10 Petrol in it. I put 40 more in it and my mum has put 20 in it. in 11 days =| I was thinking this isnt good, but I have done almost 500 miles.(All @ 117.9p)

My trip comp average has gone up from 30.1 to 33.7(dips between 33.2-33.7 depending on the loud pedal use)

95% of this has been on busy city streets, 20,30,40mph roads with the System Up and Windows down and a passenger as well most of the time. Only had it on the motorway once for about 15 miles and then I might have been doing a tad over the speed limit very occasionally. For a new engine its not dooing too bad I think.

Ive just checked out my "real" life mpg and its 38.28mpg

Shame there isn’t a 50+ vote for the diesel rather than just 40+ :(

Shame there isn’t a 50+ vote for the diesel rather than just 40+ :(

Show off! You are right though... I'm getting 40+ quite consistantly now so with a diesel it definitely required.

Sorry, but if you're getting 32mpg you're either doing all town driving or you are caining the engine.

My Home to motorway 2 miles motorway to work pull off 17miles, A road 2.5 miles arrive at work then return 5 days a week driving with caution no hard revving no silly speeds no heavy breaking and using all gears.

My Home to motorway 2 miles motorway to work pull off 17miles, A road 2.5 miles arrive at work then return 5 days a week driving with caution no hard revving no silly speeds no heavy breaking and using all gears.

My commute is 27 miles, 12 of which is motorway and with normal driving I get 43mpg on a 1.6 petrol ZS

All of this is music to my ears :D ;) I've been living on 20-30MPG for the last three years and I cannot wait to get my hands on the Fiesta and benefit from the 'improved' MPG!

I think there's something wrong with your car mate.

i had my pcm updated and i'm getting better returns :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have had my 1.6 Petrol fiesta for over a week and have done 340 miles so far and it says on the computer i still have 70 miles left.

So that would make over 400 miles out of a tank (and this tank was filled up by the dealer so i doubt they filled it to the brim).

I have been driving pretty steady (about 80% motorway miles between 60 - 70 MPH).

This MPG is miles better than i was expecting...

My Fiesta's MPG has been creeping up at every fill. It's now above 40mpg for mainly town driving with some B roads. When I first got the car, this only gave me 34mpg.

I've been driving fairly aggressively as well and it's still staying up. Happy bunny

I really need to get in on this and defend the Fiestas MPG, my car (Titanium 1.6TDCi [95]) has now done just over 700 miles and the average MPG is sitting pretty at 53.9 according to the trip computer and 53.7 according to the interwebs and a calculator.

Now looking at the Ford website they quote 54.3MPG for urban, and as my average speed was only 23mph i would call that pretty urban...

Im not driving like a saint, and im not stretching every gear to the limit, but i am getting, near as damnit, what they quote.

Im keeping my receipts so i can keep an accurate log and i'll keep hitting this post everytime i fill up, which should be every 10 days or so.

Hope this helps