Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

After 2,000 miles in my ZS I get 42.5-43.5 driving it relatively hard and 45/46 normally and up to 50 if I drive like a saint

I'm getting about 42MPG now, which im happy with, if i drive really slowly and eco-friendly I can get about 47

I'm getting about 42MPG now, which im happy with, if i drive really slowly and eco-friendly I can get about 47

good, to be honest after reading this thread i was worried that the MPG of the fiesta would be poor, but im actually very happy with it!

either way its a massive change from my old Mercedes S280, that got an average of 16MPG!

:D

lowest ive got mine was 26....... highest was 61 goin down a hill in 5th with foot on the break lol average 36 to and from work and 34 in town so not all that bad :)

average of 36? do you caine it all the time?

i work 37 miles from where i live and its a country road so get alot of trucks tractors n people that dint know the road to get past, it all depends on the traffic to be honest though some days i get upto 40!!

but i do also carry 2 other passengers and never have less than half a tank of fuel n my boot is like a jumble sale/wardrobe haha

biggrin.gif titanium 1.4 5 door 4500 mls now and i get 44 to gallon normal driving to work and socialtongue.gif

I do about 450 motorway miles every weekend which gives me a return of 58.4 MPG so chuffed to pieces. Especially since my last vehicle a Land Rover Freelander 2.5 v6 averaged at 13.9MPG costing me £110 in fuel each weekend!!!! :blink:

59 plate tdci zetec s

just creeped over 4k miles & averaging around 54mph, if im very careful like i was when i took my girlfriend home just then i got a return of 64mpg after resetting the trip.

only had the car since tuesday and im more than happy with this return!

My mpg has been about 40 mpg with air con on so I'm pretty happy with that so far. I did get up to 57mpg on a short stretch of 50mph road...

i reset my mpg guage as it hadnt beed done since new that and i didnt know how to lol gettin about 45mpg now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon we should get some kind of competition going.

My last tank was my second most successful one ever - the economy is definately improving with age! The tank was more or less exactly half motorway and half urban driving, I tried to go fairly easy on the throttle for the most part and took it easy, but still went 70 on the motorway and kept up with the traffic in other conditions. Seeing at the official average economy for the 1.6 Ti-VCT is 47.9mpg and official figures are notoriously unrepresentative I'm very happy with the cars performance. :D

mpg1.jpg

Could've done better - had it at 47.9 at one point but it tailed off.

mpg2.jpg

Approx 100 miles per tank better than my old standard.

mpg3.jpg

Average speed included to put the figures into context a bit - it's easy to sit on the motorway at 60 and do 55 mpg!

Beat that mothertruckers. (Any one with a diesel may find this pretty easy)

The trip computer on my 1.6 TDCi Zetec S is showing 57mpg, mostly A road driving at speeds up to 60mph.

Had the car a week and I'm getting 41 MPG - VERY happy :) I do a short stint on the motorway on a morning and then dual carriageway coming home, plus a little of of town driving. Loving it!!!

I like the idea of this mini comp :P

Next time i fillup i'm gonna try beat AndrewL :)

mpg1.jpg

Could've done better - had it at 47.9 at one point but it tailed off.

Beat that mothertruckers. (Any one with a diesel may find this pretty easy)

nice idea but its wayyyyyyyy too easy to cheat at it :) :P :) :)

mpg1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I filled up was at ASDA 3 weeks ago and I was getting 57mpg on my 1.6TDCi ZS, this week I filled up at Tesco and I'm getting 52-54mpg.

You forgot to photoshop the reflection. Who really feels the need to cheat on their mpg anyway?

Traveled to Thorpe Park today, managed 47.3mpg on the way down with aircon on. Traveling back, ended up on 42mpg. Didn't reset the trip computer for the way back though, so that's averaged over about 220 miles. I also got stuck on a log in the carpark though, so I probably spent about 15 minutes revving away like a crazy.

• 1 month later...

First fill up on my 1.6 TCDi [95] Zetec-S last week from new.

51mpg. Round trip of 50miles to work 5 days a week, 90% country B roads and a dual carrigeway.

2nd tankful is definitely lasting a lot longer, should fill up in a few days time.

Picked up our Fiesta 1.6 TDCI last Saturday seems to be hovering around 50-51mpg I'm certainly happy with that :)

Previous '07 Zetec-S 1.6 tdci averaged @53-54mpg. After a week with new (well 8 months old but new to me) Titanium 1.6 tdci its giving a little more but thats prob as I'm driving it like a comfy luxury motor not a sporty racer Zetec-S.

I really need to get in on this and defend the Fiestas MPG, my car (Titanium 1.6TDCi [95]) has now done just over 700 miles and the average MPG is sitting pretty at 53.9 according to the trip computer and 53.7 according to the interwebs and a calculator.

Now looking at the Ford website they quote 54.3MPG for urban, and as my average speed was only 23mph i would call that pretty urban...

Im not driving like a saint, and im not stretching every gear to the limit, but i am getting, near as damnit, what they quote.

Im keeping my receipts so i can keep an accurate log and i'll keep hitting this post everytime i fill up, which should be every 10 days or so.

Hope this helps

Got 2010 fiesta zetec s tdci with the 95bhp engine...I struggle to get BELOW 55mpg no matter how I drive it, If I drive economically I get over 60mpg....I am not naieve enough to rely on the trip computer so tend to work it out at each fill up...by the way I do find the trip computer to be within 5mpg of the actual mpg. I therefore drive normally for the sake of 5 mpg...its much more fun. Was looking at getting a remap but apparently none of this new model have been done yet!!! Unless someone knows different!!!

Greetings all, newbie to the forum and thought i would add my bit.

Only had the car since Monday, Mk7 Econetic, secondhand from Ford Direct, 7000 on the clock.

I've now turned into a grandad driving this thing and managed (indicated) 61.3mpg, my commute is from Skegvegas to Lincoln every day so normaly average 60mph with a few 30/40 villages thrown in.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club