Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

Currently sat at 41.1, did have it at .2, but not a lot higher, and I'm trying, might go back to 37 and drive it properly!!

im currently getting 61 mpg, i try to avoid motorways as my mpg drops dramatically

im currently getting 61 mpg, i try to avoid motorways as my mpg drops dramatically

same mine hovers around 60-61 mpg (1.4 tdci)

Had a run the other week to and from work (90 mile round trip) for 2 days then a run over to my mums in Stoke and back 70mph on the dual carriage ways, stuck to speed limits :rolleyes: :P all the way.

Total distance - 371.4 miles

Total fuel - 25.05 Ltrs

MPG - 67.4 :)

Using this to calculate; Torquecars

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just going off my trip computer here, but managed to get 54 mpg going to and from leicester. Was pretty excited to see the total possible number of miles had risen from my usual 340mpg to 430 mpg! Of course, now that I'm back doing town driving it's dropped but it's still hovering around 52 mpg. Still got half a tank to go.

I was getting 57mpg on a 58 plate 1.6 tdci, now i'm driving a 10 plate 1.6 petrol and i'm getting 39mpg, mostly town driving with the odd bit of country roads!

• 3 months later...

According to the fuel calc im getting around 60mpg... from my first day.

But, apparently it works out to 520 miles per tank which is around 58mpg...

Well better than my previous car.

Plus titanium with every possible extra looks the !Removed!, got on 3% finance which seems to be a good deal, well happy.

There are so many factors envolved, but the tests are done in controlled conditions, ie rolling road no passengers, wind resistance etc, these figures are normally for compairing against other brands. Fuel computers are more of a guide.

Get about 50mpg from my 2010 1.6TDCI Titanium. Daily commute is about 13 miles each way with about 5 of those in town with stop/start traffic.

17 years old one month old zetec s done 2093 miles and only getting 222 miles to a full tank all the time and my average mpg is 27.2 ? any help hahha

In my experiance it's all in how you drive it.

Example:

59 Plate Zetec S Diesel. 38,500 miles on the clock

Drive it like a hooligan ~25-30mpg

Drive it spiritedly ~30-35mpg

Drive it normally (IMHO) ~50mpg

Drive it with economy in mind ~55mpg

Hyper Mile it ~65-80mpg!

B)

58556254.jpg

17 years old one month old zetec s done 2093 miles and only getting 222 miles to a full tank all the time and my average mpg is 27.2 ? any help hahha

Thats not right. I have got heavy foot and I get about 300 miles with 1.4 engine and about 38MPG

my ZS tdci 2750 miles on the clock,

i get average 35 mpg, i aint got that much of a heavy foot,

if i drive stupidly eco i get up to 45 ish

will be getting one of the ford eco tests thing put on my car soon to see why its so bad

370+ miles to a tank! That said the reason I got the fiesta was to spend less money in fuel, safe to say the petrol price hikes have eliminated that!

• 1 month later...

1.6 zetec s petrol, i get an average of 34 mpg, not the best but if i wanted economy id have bought a diesel

Using this to calculate; Torquecars

Aye, that does the calculation but there are better options:

• Try an app for your smartphone (iPhone and Android apps available for free)
  • Try logging your costs on spritmonitor and include your MPG in your .sig

Both options will track your driving costs and consumption over time. Frightening! :o

SWMBO's Titanium is averaging ~35mpg at the moment but we've not had it long. My 11 year old BMW 530D did an average of ~40mpg over the whole of 2010 which for what I was doing is pretty damn impressive for the size/weight of car. It does ~33mpg around town. I'll be tracking that on my BMW forum though :P

Savcom

Ok i am posting my latest mpg from my car 1.6 140mountune,and it is 50mpg which i have a photo to prove.But !Removed! hell ooops for swearing it was boring, i drove back from bournemouth on sunday at 60mph on the old cruise control and did not even touch the brakes untill 3 miles from home. at ont stage it topped 51.2 mpg and it cost me 14 £ in fuel.beet that public transport.

Well it was a big decision to change to petrol after 12 years of diesel driving but the nightmares modern diesels have brought me made the change easy!!!

I will never touch a ford with a a french diesel engine in ever again!!

So I bought a 12 month old fiesta 1.25 zetec a few weeks ago (15k on clock) and without reservation I am over the moon with it.

Just pottering around I get 45.1mpg according to computer but working it out at the pumps real mpg equates to 44 so not bad at all.

I read a lot of stories about people getting mid to high 30's from them but how hard are they pressing the throttle??

I do still have diesel driving habits which wil prob help mpg i.e. keep the revs low going through the box and lift off accelerator going downhills.

Loving it so far!!

im gettin 31mpg according to the car, dont want to work it out myself as its probably more like 28mpg, but i drive everywhere like im ken block :)

i drive everywhere like im ken block :)

Must cost you a fortune in tyres then :lol:

Wonder what mpg he got on that circuit? They probably measure it in yards per gallon :o