Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

You Know You're Getting Old When...

Turvey

...you go to bed at the weekend at the time you used to go out!

...your nasal hair takes longer to trim than the hair on your head! 

• Like 3

...When you groan getting out of a chair and sigh when you sit down.
...When your joints begin to click at even a hint of rain.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

...When you groan getting out of a chair and sigh when you sit down.
...When your joints begin to click at even a hint of rain.

And work mates start to call you "Granddad" 😅

well that's how it is with one guy in my job anyway.

• Like 2

and you mistake milk for apple juice when making a cuppa tea !  

then forget you made the 2nd cuppa with milk and its gone cold

• Like 3

Take the stripes off your focus,

Remove the K&N57s induction filter upgrade and refit the stock 

followed by removing the 18" rims and refitting some 16" 

and start improving the house instead of the car 😅

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Take the stripes off your focus,

Remove the K&N57s induction filter upgrade and refit the stock 

followed by removing the 18" rims and refitting some 16" 

and start improving the house instead of the car 😅

that certainly is "showing your old" lol

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

that certainly is "showing your old" lol

Forgot to mention the vasectomy aswell 😁

• Like 2

When using comparison websites at motor renewal time, it no longer says "unable to quote because of drivers age" on the quotes from Saga, RIAS and Zenith.

When your targetted junk mail starts to include assisted rising chairs, automatic beds and invitations to attend open days at new warden assisted retirement complexes.

When you choose practicality and comfort over appearance in clothing stores.

• Like 3

...When you pass a clothing shop and see beige cardigans on sale and go 'Hmmm..'

...When during the course of a conversation you find yourself saying 'In my day'.

...When you pass a group of youths being boisterous and tut to yourself and say '***** Kids'

...When everything on Radio One sounds like crap...Oh wait.. it always has :wacko:

• Like 5

I can concur with pretty much everything written here, and I'm only 21...  I've always had a very mature mentality, and unfortunately my body is (prematurely) catching up.  The joys!!

• Like 6

Another 13 years and 8 months until I reach compulsory retirement age.
We have to retire at 60 or after 30 years service (whichever comes first) unless above Inspector rank.
By the time I retire it will be 27 years.
I will only get a proportionate pension as full pension doesn't apply unless a full 30 years is done.
I also pay 15% of my pay directly to my pension contributions.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

...When you pass a clothing shop and see beige cardigans on sale and go 'Hmmm..'

...When during the course of a conversation you find yourself saying 'In my day'.

...When you pass a group of youths being boisterous and tut to yourself and say '***** Kids'

...When everything on Radio One sounds like crap...Oh wait.. it always has :wacko:

Other than the beige cardigans...I do everything in that list - amongst a few others listed lol

My mother pointed out that I'm going grey already...I'm only 28!! (29 next week)

I've also looked at countless coppers and wondered if they can get nappies on issue, or do their mummies have to provide them.  It wouldn't be so bad, but I was 14 when I first thought it... (genuinely, this copper looked like he was younger than me!!)

• Like 2

I felt particularly old (read as senile) when I went into the toilet at work, washed my hands after doing what I had gone in for, then tried drying them under the toilet roll holder.  What was even more embarrassing was that the hand dryer switched on as it's close to the toilet roll holder and I had triggered the sensor with my gut, and I still couldn't work out why there was no air on my hands :blush:

My only defence is that both dryer and toilet roll holder are big and silver.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Other than the beige cardigans...I do everything in that list - amongst a few others listed lol

My mother pointed out that I'm going grey already...I'm only 28!! (29 next week)

I've also looked at countless coppers and wondered if they can get nappies on issue, or do their mummies have to provide them.  It wouldn't be so bad, but I was 14 when I first thought it... (genuinely, this copper looked like he was younger than me!!)

I've been going grey since I was 10, lol.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GaryPL said:

I felt particularly old (read as senile) when I went into the toilet at work, washed my hands after doing what I had gone in for, then tried drying them under the toilet roll holder.  What was even more embarrassing was that the hand dryer switched on as it's close to the toilet roll holder and I had triggered the sensor with my gut, and I still couldn't work out why there was no air on my hands :blush:

My only defence is that both dryer and toilet roll holder are big and silver.

hfytwoI_zpsjhrfyvst_edit_1488099871260_z

• Like 5

I'm glad I'm mostly immature coz if I acted my age then I'd be ffekkedd lol (too close to 55 yeehaa)

• Like 3

On 25/02/2017 at 8:12 PM, SeanW said:

My Dad's family all started to go grey in their early 20's whereas on my Mum's side, not a fleck was seen until they reached their late 70's.

I seem to be taking after my maternal relatives and not greying, my intermediate brother like my Dad started to grey in his 20's and my youngest brother somewhere inbetween.

On 25/02/2017 at 8:34 PM, alexp999 said:

I've been going grey since I was 10, lol.

That's not unlike Steve Martin:ohmy:

• Like 1

i know im getting old when im looking more and more on getting my own house (im 20) and when in the like of 5 to 10 years i could be fully bald as my dad is and his dad was :shocking:. iv got a full set of hair im not ready to loose it 

You know when you are older, when you sit on the toilet and realize that your dingly bits are getting dunked in the "water". 

• Like 3

On 25/02/2017 at 6:23 AM, Stoney871 said:

....when you wished you had bought seated tickets for a gig! 2 hours into the gig last night and my legs were killing me! Still aching a bit today. Must get in training before the next one :punk:

Mrs Turvey admitted that she had tried to dry her hands under the paper towel dispenser in the venue last night! Although I think it was more to do with the amount of wine she had consumed rather than old age! 

• Like 2

On Friday, March 03, 2017 at 0:29 PM, B0D0 said:

You know when you are older, when you sit on the toilet and realize that your dingly bits are getting dunked in the "water". 

A vasectomy also causes an decrease in altitude 😅 mine get caught in my thighs and wife has bruses on her lower buttox from all that momentum slapping 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...

.......the, what looks like, 12 year old boy in the queue in front of you in the pub gets served without even being ID'd!!!      :wheelchair:

• 4 weeks later...

.... your 16 year old son buys his first car!!! 

And yes, unfortunately, it's a Corsa!!! :wallbash: 

• Like 1

Did you teach him nothing?

I'm very disapointed in you, very disapointed indeed.   :shocking:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club