Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fix or sell

Michael9

To cut a long story short..

I've got an 04 V70 2.4 D5 auto estate 185000 long mot with a dodgy gearbox, very good original condition but..

It needs about £3000 spent on between a recon box, recon abs module/pump, egr and something else i can't think of...so 3 grand would get these fixed but i'd need to keep for good or till it got bad it needed scrapped.

Or get something else but petrol and sticking to auto as i now prefer it for the more or less £3000

Ive only had the V70 a couple of months but i know it'a a ***** good car, comfy, leather, sunroof (which is rare now)

What's the verdict..

A 2004 vehicle isn't worth £3,000 in repairs in my opinion.  How bad is the gearbox?  If it is still drive-able I'd try to sell it for a decent price (not necessarily hiding the problem, but not making a big deal of it either) and pick up something else.

To be honest you could get a whole new car for £3,000 with the same spec as your current model.

£3k is a lot of money to spend on a car that has driven halfway to the moon.  I agree with jmurray01.

15 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

A 2004 vehicle isn't worth £3,000 in repairs in my opinion.  How bad is the gearbox?  If it is still drive-able I'd try to sell it for a decent price (not necessarily hiding the problem, but not making a big deal of it either) and pick up something else.

To be honest you could get a whole new car for £3,000 with the same spec as your current model.

You're right but it's mainly because it's been neglected like a lot of stuff over the years, some folk spent that and more on cars ect but it's usually over a few years not at once

If i do get something else (and I'm looking) i'll probably go back to a Focus or Mondeo but sticking to auto

15 hours ago, GaryPL said:

£3k is a lot of money to spend on a car that has driven halfway to the moon.  I agree with jmurray01.

It might be dam near 200000 but you wouldn't think it that's credit to Volvo how they built them 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club