Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Suspension noise

Jamesb9811

1 hour ago, bananacat said:

Following this as my wife has exactly the same issue, with all the posts about it, seems to be a common issue.

Is your wife’s car a facelifted model. It seems to be more common on the mk7.5 compared to the pre facelift mk7. If you book it into ford like a few others have said get them to check the d bushes as this seems to be what is causing it. 

Yeah it's the 7.5 just had to spend a grand on it at Ford so if easy to do myself I'd rather try

2 hours ago, bananacat said:

Yeah it's the 7.5 just had to spend a grand on it at Ford so if easy to do myself I'd rather try

In the same boat, 7.5 and would prefer to do myself, seems pretty easy from what I've seen but finding out exact parts and where to get them other than direct from Ford I'm struggling

Just another quick update I’m happy to report that the car is all fixed and drives like a dream. There’s absolutely no noise at all anymore. Replaced the anti roll bar bushes and something else which I can’t quite remember, completely free under warranty. The service that I got was absolutely excellent as well so I’m very happy 

Mines just started squeaking too over speed humps, makes me laugh but not bothered to be honest. Will have a look at it next year. :)

I had the bushes replaced nearly a year ago and the noise has just returned.   Think I'll learn to live with it.

There must be an issue with the bushes and manufacturing them. Hoping the noise doesn’t come back for me but I’m a bit concerned now 

• 3 weeks later...

Noise is coming back. Was hopeful that it was cured but it’s slowly getting louder everyday. Seems like I’m just going to have to try and live with it too as I can’t really be bothered with the hassle of taking it back to the dealer 

• 2 months later...

Im having a similair problem with my 16 plate fiesta. Only happens in the cold which is strange. Ford have looked looked the car once already, cleaned, lubricated the bushes and replaced wheel arch liner clips. The problem went away for two weeks but is back again. Car's going back in next wednesday, i shall get them to check the anti roll bar bushes as mentioned earlier in the thread.

I too have noticed this problem with my 2015 Mk7.5 Fiesta (especially recently when its been so cold).

Will book it in at the dealer and hopefully the ARB bushes will get replaced under warranty.

All fiestas have this issue over time my car is 13plate and had it for a while but due to extra salt recently it got very loud I checked myself and bushes are fine .... Went to Halfords with my FordOwnersClub discount card got silicone spray and sprayed them .... It's been a month now and not one sound off my d bushes ever since ....

I done missus recently and fixed the squeak too....

They all have it new fiestas and old fiestas been a issue since the mk5 fiesta but easy fix as I said here is a pic of another cars d bush that I explained to him how to sort 8328d6bac227e8572a737c335192c2b8.jpg&key=448d91936c3d79b5f01713da762bbad0893215b624421649e3c80157a14e71293272b82d508f0875d48050c07e34752e.jpg&key=aae5e3d85533a0a16cc2232e2e938b3ff21bb6785ac381b06d386a27cee1a93a

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 3/22/2018 at 6:43 PM, Paramanic said:

All fiestas have this issue over time my car is 13plate and had it for a while but due to extra salt recently it got very loud I checked myself and bushes are fine .... Went to halfords with my FordOwnersClub discount card got silicone spray and sprayed them .... It's been a month now and not one sound off my d bushes ever since ....

Did you do front and rear? How easy are they to access?

Did you do front and rear? How easy are they to access?
That pic is looking through the spokes of the wheel lol and just look through spokes on rear as well ...there isn't a roll bar at rear so just soak the donuts at the top of the springs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I use silicone spray from Halfords seems help also stops doors freezing shut.

My car was serviced by Ford today.   I pointed out that the front D bushes on the anti roll bar, which were replaced last year, were squeaking again.   They removed the bushes and coated them with silicon grease and replaced them.   They are now as quiet as the grave.

• 6 months later...

Quick update even though it’s been a while. It’s almost been a year since I got the suspension fixed and the car is still noise free but the car has developed a few other problems over the past few months that I made the decision to get rid of it. Wasn’t an easy decision but felt it was for the best.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Been trying to solve the problem of loud creaking/squeaking especially over speed humps, on my 2013 Fiesta for years.

it’s been into a main dealer 3 times who couldn’t find any fault, finally found this thread and hey presto, D bushes replaced and no noise at all!  Cost me £80 at main dealer, money well spent, they also now know what to tell people with the same issue!

Thanks Fordownersclub...

• 4 months later...

My 2010 fiesta has the same problem ... had 5 separate mechanics look at it now. I replaced lower arms & droplinks and now all 4 shocks, springs & top mounts will see if the noise goes after that. One mechanic did say he had similar issues couple years ago and after complete new suspension turned out to be a steering rack. So we see 

would it not be better to get them replaced with powerflex bushes instead of the stock ford ones as they will be more tougher and resistant to stuff?

im guessing its these ones which need replaced right? https://powerflexstore.co.uk/ford/fiesta-mk7-2008/powerflex-front-anti-roll-bar-to-chassis-bush-22mm-fiesta-mk7-2008-pff19-1503-22/

• 1 year later...

I have same issue with 14 plate Ford Fiesta.  Squeel is intermittent so hard to pinpoint why or when it will happen.  Sometimes it's a quiet squeek but other times it's so loud it's embarrassing.

• Sad 1