Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel filter "drain on water with a drain valve." How??

verbatim

Hey !
Have a Ford Focus ECOnetic diesel in 2014. In service 6000 mil (living in Sweden) (about 37000 miles), the fuel filter "is drain on water with a drain valve."
Middle (at the top) of the filter housing is apparently a contact that you turn and pull up and that will have to do with drainage.
Does anyone know how this draining of water works ?? How do you do it?

Get a container or a cloth and turn and pull it should start to drain, I didn't do this but didn't get any diesel all over the car when I removed the fuel filter, I just took it out and put the new one back in and turned my engine on.

I had a 2007 1.6tdci fiesta which might not be the same filter , it was a black plastic roughly cube shape (not round). on the top there was a screw that could be undone with fingers, on the bottom of that was a plastic rod which plugged a hole in the bottom of filter. if unscrewed and pulled up, the contents of the filter would run out of an outlet on bottom of filter, there was a small outlet nozzle which looked like you could push a rubber pipe onto it.

I never did this because I was afraid of getting air into the system which would possibly be difficult to get rid off and cause problems.

I could give the description above due to me examining the old filter when I replaced it. The filter had been on there for 115k miles and I replaced it because I had cutting out problems and fault code said low fuel pressure. new filter cured it. I do not know if water in there caused the problem or not

Thank you for your descriptions. I have now drained the filter. As you said,  on the top there was a screw that could be undone with fingers, after that filter becomes drained. The car then started so it does not look like it needs to be aired.