Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot button - MK1 Focus

Dagger

Hi

The boot release button on the dash doesn't seem to be working, it was the other day, but not today

What could be the reason for this

Thanks

• Like 1

Blown fuse box is behind glove box :smile:

• Like 1

firstly, I don't think it works when the doors are locked, as I found out when my wife was complaining it did not work. She always locks the doors when driving and was pressing the boot release before unlocking the door. But apart from that there are loads of places the fault could be. faulty button, wires come off button, blown fuse (it must have a fuse but I do not know if it has its own fuse or shares one with something else), break in wiring somewhere, faulty connection at boot lock.

if no fuse problems then the place I would start is the button, but I have no idea how to remove it to get to the connectors to check the button works or if voltage in the wire.

I had some problems a while back, WD40 around the lock area and hinges seemed to have fixed the problem. But it seems likely to be a fuse problem if it does not work ever....

On 03/03/2017 at 2:34 PM, v530anh said:

I had some problems a while back, WD40 around the lock area and hinges seemed to have fixed the problem. But it seems likely to be a fuse problem if it does not work ever....

Just sprayed hell out of the boot lock

Seems to work again now  :biggrin:

Thanks

I also solved my central locking problem the same way, though completely non scientific.