Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PETROL

Jonny87

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE A Mk.7 WITH A 1.6 Ti-VCT PETROL ENGINE >>> THANK YOU!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What type of petrol do you put in your Mk.7 1.6 Ti-VCT - MOST OF THE TIME?

• Supermarket Standard Unleaded
    • Supermarket Premium Unleaded
    • Branded Standard Unleaded
    • Branded Premium Unleaded
  2. 2. This question for supermarket / branded STANDARD petrol voters ONLY - Do you occasionally drop a tank of premium in your motor now and again?

• Yes
    • No

Really easy :)

I have noticed that some of you guys seem to have strong feelings about the type/brand of petrol that you use, but I want to get a bigger picure so I have set up this vote

Vote only open to those running the Ti-VCT in their Mk.7's. Not interested in other engines, old fiestas, diesels etc.

Comments also welcome on your choices, wether its scientific proof or just opinion

Cheers Guys

NOTES:

Supermarket unleaded covers all supermarkets (yes, even Waitrose)

Branded covers all other garages ie BP, Shell, TEXACO, ESSO etc

Standard unleaded is the cheapest 95 RON stuff

Premium unleaded is the most expensive stuff, No specific RON as different vendors seem to have different RONS in their premium product

can i vote under my bike?? as my Zetec S is diesel...i feel left out! :(

also regarding strong feelings....i wouldn't rate Texaco as anything close to Shell standard! :lol:

can i vote under my bike?? as my Zetec S is diesel...i feel left out! :(

also regarding strong feelings....i wouldn't rate Texaco as anything close to Shell standard! :lol:

NO!! only Ti-VCT

also

This is the thing you see, we have had people on before totally convinced that Texaco petrol gives better MPG (Which is what texaco claim it does) so I want to get a good few votes to gauge sentiment in this area :)

I almost always use boggo supermarket 95 ron fuel. Have tried premium before and could honestly notice no difference whatsoever in performance, engine noise or fuel economy. Also, I usually fill up at sainsburys and I'm fairly sure that their supplier is BP anyway. If I had a highly tuned car like an evo or impreza I think I'd consider premium, but for the Fez it's absolutely fine.

On the Fiesta I get tomorrow (its a 1.6 Ti-VCT so my vote is valid) I will use standard fuel, whether it be from Tesco/Shell/whatever.

There really is nothing to be gained in a low powered car, apart from the claimed engine cleaning properties of something like V-power. Hence, I may put in the occational tank of Premium.

In my remapped Focus ST would I always used Premium (Tesco99) as it gave better performance, the engine ran more smoothly and the exhaust poped and banged a lot more. ^_^

I usually just fill up where ever the nearest garage is when I happen to be low. Will always be with the standard unleaded, despite my fuel filler cap suggesting other :lol:

I try to fill up at BP simply for the nectar points!

As Dave-2912 says. Might aswell use normal Fuel on the Fiestas. I run an Impreza too and unless you have roughly 200BHP or a highly tuned engine there is no need for the premium fuel at all

Result to question one is a bit of a suprise so far

ffs jonny, you still here! :o you've posted all day and night, what kinda fuel you using to keep yourself going?! :P

On old Fez usually the normal supermarket stuff. The new Fez doesn't seem to like it so will be using BP/Shell instead. <_<

after having the mountune upgrade i noticed that raspy loves v power which gives her a noticeable lift on performance

after having the mountune upgrade i noticed that raspy loves v power which gives her a noticeable lift on performance

here here that supermarket stuff is rubbish (proven) and i no some 1 who works in the testing lab where they test the fuel and the additives that go into various types of fuel. that's all i will say on the matter. one more thing in no from previous cars that there is a difference in mpg and general running of cars.

Always bog standard unleaded for me. Mostly from the BP garage in town as it's nearest! But I don't really care where it comes from as long as it keeps Fabio chugging :)

I've only filled up twice so far and I've put in Shell V-Power, I think i'll continue using it till car gets to about 1000 miles (on like 300/400 now), what petrol you use seems to be personal preference other than science, in my old corsa I was sure that supermarket petrol went so much quicker <_<

Shell standard unleaded I use, don't really see the point in premium unleaded in a car with this much power.. :unsure:

I used to use supermarket standard unleaded (Asda, tesco etc) but find my car runs smoother on the Shell standard fuel :huh: so just use that now as its the same price around here anyway :P

good points all being made...consider, my ZX6R is a nightmare to ride on anything but BP or Shell ultimate...seriously, unridable.

But me moms old punto ran no difference between the two types (95/97(or99)) but it would do 40-50miles more per tank on Shell than tesco/sainsbugs.

remember Shell do club points too...I get good money back for it!! :)

S**T!!!!!

Mk7's only :S

Didnt see that bit to start with, sorry

You might also want to disregard my vote also in that case :lol: (Supermarket standard)

I know someone who had a BP garage and was told that BP supply Sainsbury's with fuel. That's where I fill mine with bog standard unleaded.

My monster engine despite not having 80 on the clock yet will drink BP Ultimate - it's had £25 put in already at £1.16 per litre, maybe we'll have to wait for an invasion of Saudi Arabia before it gets cheaper

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club