mikeyjbartlett

Fiesta NAV retrofitted but no voice

Hi there guys, I'm new to this forum so please bare with me. 

I've retrofitted the Sony Navigation unit to my 2014 Fiesta TitaniumX, all is functioning after buying a FAKRA GPS Antenna and it does route and talk to the cars CANBUS network absolutely fine, so I can change car settings like traction control and Ambient lighting. 

I programmed the navigation unit in FORScan by enabling the Navigation Module under the IPC.  I also changed the display version to MFD5 instead of MFD4 and that meant my speedo went back to Miles on the odometer instead of KM, and I can change it in the settings now. 

My only concern is I don't get ANY voice.  The radio turns itself down and nothing comes out.  I don't know if there is supposed to be a speaker in the top grille above the display unit, but I haven't got one.  Is this a software problem?

Thanks for all your help.

This problem is most likely caused by 2 missing (audio) wires between the display and the audio unit. On a car without Satnav these 2 wires are usually missing. This problem can easily be solved by inserting the missing wires. the easiest way to obtain these wires is by cutting them out of a scrap car at a local scrap yard.

Hi I have the same problem with my car installed navigation and connected everything up no audio from nav through Speakers I have got wires coming out of fcmd in pin 12 and 6 into the loom some where it nothing in pin 4 and 5 on stereo I tried to connect a wires between the pins as stated above and have no audio coming through at all any ideas I have st2 2014 it's beginning to puzzle me now 

Hi again when you say connect 2 wires do you remove the 2 wires out of the back of display and just connect them to the stereo pins or do you have to run a lead on its own between the display and stereo. Pins with the existing wires that are i the back of fcdim