Do Not Sell My Personal Information

machine polishing

thecarpman

im one of those lazy drivers who never polishes his car just washes it so after seeing my nephews new car with its cleaming paint i thought id polish my dk grey 8yr old focus which id bet has never been polished so after a good wash i started to hand polish the bonnet which after 20 mins didnt look or feel any different so gave up and after a few emails to local car detailers and car reprayers quotes of £200 which really shocked me i thought £70 to £100 would cover it i took my car to my local and recommended car resprayers he looked around the car and said hed do a brush touch up of stone chips and scuffed bumper and fully machine polish the car £180 and told me it would be with him for 2 days i thought 2 days thats a long time but i didnt question it as for £180 i want him to do a great job and do what it takes to bring my paint work back to its new car look tbh i dont know if hes just polishing it or compounding it 1st as long as im happy at the end and it shines and feels like glass and not sand paper

He'll likely wash it first, clay it, wash it again then start polishing, @GingerFlame is a pro on detailing cars, I'm sure he can suggest methods of up keep.

• Like 2

That's a good price but still more expensive than the tenner I pay my son :cool:

theres no point paying for a machine polish at any price unless

a. you improve your car washing technique so as not to introduce swirls and fine scratches in the first place

and 

b. you regularly protect the paintwork with wax or sealant.

otherwise the the paint condition will just deteriorate back to the condition its in now after 12 months.

around £150 - 200  seems about right to me as its alot of work to prep , decontaminate and polish a full car , you seem to be underestimating whats involved if you think its should cost under 100 quid

• Like 1

150-200 is way too cheap in my eyes. If you expect to have the correct decontamination and preperation techniques carried out and then polished using good quality equipment and materials youre quite easily looking at £250+ and even thats cheap. Dont forget youre also paying for the detailers experience... 

180 for two days of my time, products and equipment used, not worth it at all.

Make sure to check theyre properly insured etc

i understand what your saying gingerflame but for me after watching youtube videos of cars after being polished and wanting mine to look fresh and feel like glass my car is just a 2k focus so after the guy from my local bodyshop resprayers (not a mobile detailer) machine compounds and polishes and seals it i know it will be an easier job to pressure wash and aqua wax it every few weeks to keep it looking like it should im not looking for a show car finish i just want someone with the knowledge and right tools and time to get my car to a reasonable starting point for me to then carry on with its upkeep

• Like 1

Just drive it, who cares lol. 

Wash your mouth out [emoji33]
  • Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club