Do Not Sell My Personal Information

plastic part on bonnet lock

mrmetallica

ive looked around but couldnt find any thing.

had problems opening the bonnet the other day .i know the plastic part at the back has a crack in .where can i get just the plastic part without the key lock ? ive looked around eBay but only see them with key lock

You can only buy the whole assembly as far as I'm aware. You could try a local breakers yard though and might get the whole lot cheaper.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

You can only buy the whole assembly as far as I'm aware. You could try a local breakers yard though and might get the whole lot cheaper.

cant believe you cant just get the plastic part typical .cheers for reply 

1 minute ago, mrmetallica said:

i dont nedd that bit its the white part in front of it

The bit ive posted above?

this is what im after

lck.jpg

I binned one of them last month, typical!!! Had to replace the lock rod on my dads Focus as the anti tamper bit inside your pic above was coming apart and disengaging the lock.

There will be loads of them in breakers yards.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Not sure how these connect to the key barrel but it has the replacement part with a different rod.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201829922883

Screenshot_20170304-200022.png

mines a 2009

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eddie eastwood said:

Heres a great video on how to build the new lock assembly to enable you to use your existing key. I followed it to build my dads new barrel and found it very easy. I used a genuine Ford assembly as in the video but the aftermarket kit listed above looks the same.

From memory i dont think you will be able to remove the white bit you want without damaging the anti tamper part inside. I would just build the new lock up and replace the whole part.

16 hours ago, WES180 said:

I binned one of them last month, typical!!! Had to replace the lock rod on my dads Focus as the anti tamper bit inside your pic above was coming apart and disengaging the lock.

There will be loads of them in breakers yards.

the trouble is i have to go miles to find a breakers yard .around where i live they dont realy do small parts and your not allowed to go in the yards

On 04/03/2017 at 8:00 PM, WES180 said:

Not sure how these connect to the key barrel but it has the replacement part with a different rod.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201829922883

Screenshot_20170304-200022.png

ive ordered one of these now as i cant open the bonnet now .god knows how im going to fit it with the bonnet shut lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club