Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP Cheap Ford Service

Ford_lover38

Hey All,

Just to let you all know the cheap service deal that Ford had which included the years free AA breakdown cover has now been "revised" aka its now no longer worth doing! See the link below for the update worklist:

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Motorcraft/Servicing

Its a real shame, the old service included so much more (plus the breakdown cover with AA for a year) for £125! Now its £145 for bugger all. As they say, good things never last!

• Like 1

fords basic service was never "cheap" lol.

and as i  ( and probably many others ) already have discounted RAC membership , having ford include their own breakdown cover as part of the service was a feature i dont need and would rather not have to pay for anyway.

same with the wash & vac , rather do it myself and reduce the cost of the service

but the worst element of the ford service was the "free" health check report , which is nothing more than a means of separating the gullible from their cash ;-)

57 minutes ago, Ford_lover38 said:

Hey All,

Just to let you all know the cheap service deal that Ford had which included the years free AA breakdown cover has now been "revised" aka its now no longer worth doing! See the link below for the update worklist:

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Motorcraft/Servicing

Its a real shame, the old service included so much more (plus the breakdown cover with AA for a year) for £125! Now its £145 for bugger all. As they say, good things never last!

The old minor motorcraft service was £125, and didn't include pollen/air filter replacement (worth up to 40 pounds RRP), which the new Motorcraft service does now include.

But as you said, the new service doesn't include break-down cover, which is a shame and bound to disappoint many Ford customers, myself included. Almost as if they can't stand behind the quality/longevity of their vehicles anymore.

It's yet another step back in terms of Ford's already dismal dealership customer service.

• Like 2

I spoke to the ford service manager at our local dealership and apparently they were begging to keep the old motorcraft stuff on as it bought so many people in! He agreed the breakdown cover was the main reason people went for it lol.

I did like having the ford service stamp (to maintain resell value) but the big deal for me was the free AA breakdown cover which is £89 separately. How would one go about getting discounted RAC membership? Or is it more of a loyalty bonus?

thats strange, i clicked on the link yesterday and it was £145 and still included the roadside asistance. 

just rechecked and now its£149 and no mention of roadside assistance. 

but a ford blue service interim  is showing up at a local dealer for £131 and that includes aa cover still  and pollen filter. makes no sense. 

Sounds like Fords website team are just as organised as their service team

• Like 1

i knew 2 months ago that the aa cover was going to be dropped off the motorcraft servicing , but didnt know they were dropping the motorcraft full service

Yeh the full service for £195 was actually cheaper than most my local garages (strangely). 

This way with the new £149 price, all the other parts for the full service will be considered "extra" and will rack up a bill way past £195. Its just another of taking your hard earned cash

• Like 1

On Sunday March 05, 2017 at 0:37 PM, Incontro said:

The old minor motorcraft service was £125, and didn't include pollen/air filter replacement (worth up to 40 pounds RRP), which the new Motorcraft service does now include.

My reading of the new deal is that you can have either the pollen filter or the air filter. That may be wrong but I don't see it making much sense.

I was just on my last few weeks before my service was due so I am really p'eed off with this news. Ether I find a cheap local reliable garage (cheap or somewhat reliable is easy both fully is a bit difficult) or sell the car. Is anyone else's servicing deal better?

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

My reading of the new deal is that you can have either the pollen filter or the air filter. That may be wrong but I don't see it making much sense.

I was just on my last few weeks before my service was due so I am really p'eed off with this news. Ether I find a cheap local reliable garage (cheap or somewhat reliable is easy both fully is a bit difficult) or sell the car. Is anyone else's servicing deal better?

Trust me my friend, its a sad sad day when the only decently priced and reliable garage in your area is your local Ford garage (as is my case). But I do feel safe in the fact there is a chain of command.

Even if their work was not up to scratch, or they made a mistake or you wanted to dispute something you had a chain of command to refer to. For example I had an issue with my wheel tracking after I had a full service with Ford (was fine before but after was all over the place). The Ford garage said it wasnt their problem...next up I moan to the manager - he offers to fix it for a reduced fee. I then speak to the area manager who offers to fix it for a fee but include a free service next year, still not being happy I call head office who give me a free service + fix it for free! With these new prices I will definitely be going elsewhere.

• Like 1

Also those of you who want to compare what you use to get with what you get now, see the screenshot below.

IMG_8486.PNG

Am I misreading this or does it not state it still includes roadside assistance?

58bdc34b75043_ImageUploadedByFordOC14888

Or is this a lower level of cover than currently

1 minute ago, Philf1 said:

Am I misreading this or does it not state it still includes roadside assistance?

ImageUploadedByFord OC1488831306.840696.jpg

Or is this a lower level of cover than currently

Its not available at mine no more, checked a few of the dealerships abit further out and they have cut it off too.

Knowing Ford they have probably just kept it going in one garage in the country just so they can put that bullet point on lol 

44 minutes ago, Ford_lover38 said:

Trust me my friend, its a sad sad day when the only decently priced and reliable garage in your area is your local Ford garage (as is my case). But I do feel safe in the fact there is a chain of command.

Even if their work was not up to scratch, or they made a mistake or you wanted to dispute something you had a chain of command to refer to. For example I had an issue with my wheel tracking after I had a full service with Ford (was fine before but after was all over the place). The Ford garage said it wasnt their problem...next up I moan to the manager - he offers to fix it for a reduced fee. I then speak to the area manager who offers to fix it for a fee but include a free service next year, still not being happy I call head office who give me a free service + fix it for free! With these new prices I will definitely be going elsewhere.

100% agree. Even if your local monkey dealer stuffs up a job, at least you have Ford upper management to escalate to. You try telling a tiny dishonest garage that they stuffed up your job, and even the manager will quickly show you where the door is, leaving you with no recourse other than to consider legal action (which is a very time consuming process).

Interestingly TrustFord (whom I got the notification email from) don't mention free breakdown cover on their motorcraft page anymore, but ThinkFord (my local dealer network with many branches) still do. Though I suspect that's simply because they forgot to remove it from the webpage.

http://www.thinkford.co.uk/servicing-repair-parts/motorcraft-servicing/

• Like 1

on the mobile site it shows it, but if you go to desktop site it doesnt mention it.

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

on the mobile site it shows it, but if you go to desktop site it doesnt mention it.

Probably just a mistake, as time goes by any old reference to free breakdown cover will probably get removed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club