Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ecoboost 100ps / 100bhp - which retune / remap?

blackmax

I just bought a b-max with the 1.0 ecoboost 100hp engine, 50k miles on the clock. I love the stereo on it and how quiet the cabin is for a small car, but it could do with a bit more power - the bmax is a fair bit heavier than a fiesta.

Its a tad slow in town with 2nd gear needing high rpms (and lots of noise!) to stay at 30mph and 3rd gear not enough torque below 25mph, so i'm constantly changing gears. I've read the posts on this forum saying the 100bhp is basically the same engine as the 125bhp, and its good for remapping to increase the torque.

For those that have had this done, what remap/chip would you recommend? 

The superchip remap looks like this - http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/FiestaEcoBoost100PS.pdf, lots of extra torque but in the 3000rpm+ range where the engine gets noisy, with very little difference below 2700, where the engine is reasonably quiet and i'd want to use it.

If you look at the stock 125bhp torque curve http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/EcoBoost125PS.060214.pdf its completely different to the 100bhp, and has plenty of power from 2000rpm which is what i'm after. Since the 100bhp only gets going at 3000rpm this suggests the engines are quite different, and its not just different software??

Then if I look at the power graph from revo for the stock 100bhp engine http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/ford/focus-2012-/292/stage-1/ the torque is nothing like the graph for the stock engine that superchips have, very strange!

So basically i'm looking for lots of torque from 2000rpm-3000rpm like the stock 125 engine has rather than 3000+. any recommendations for a retune?

Both of mine are running bluefins. One is 100 and the other is a 125.

B4B0A676-D8C1-4A81-90A0-48DC1AAC0C0B_zps

The 125 made more torque but comes in later, the 100 feels better at low revs. Both ran same power (149 vs 152bhp)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vex182 said:

The 125 made more torque but comes in later, the 100 feels better at low revs. Both ran same power (149 vs 152bhp)

Hi, was that from dyno runs or Bluefin information?. If the former, what fuel were you using? I have a 125 with Bluefin but haven't had a chance to dyno it yet. Thanks. 

Edited by ThaiFiesta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club