Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Help

charlierwalker

Hi Guys

I am hoping you can help me. I have a 2011 Ford Focus MK3. It has the old fashioned Sync in it with the Sat Nav built in.

My phone is a 2015 Samsung Galaxy S6 and since I got the car in 2015 the two have worked in Harmony since working brilliantly.

However, Last week I received a Samsung GearFit2 Smart Fitnessband as a gift. This connects to my phone via bluetooth and my watch receives various notifications from my phone and sends various fitness data to my phone.

This is all great and works fine. UNTIL, I get in the car with my watch on. My phone will connect to the car normally, and all appears well, until I get a phone call. It comes up on the car screen and I answer it through the car, HOWEVER, the sound will not come through the car if my watch is connected to the phone. If I turn the BT off on my watch, it works fine, but, I use the watch for a lot of the notifications so I'd rather not have to remember to disconnect the watch everytime I get in the car.

Has anyone else had this problem with a smartwatch? How did you fix it?

First your car does not have the SYNC system. A 2011 Focus MK3 did still have the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This is basically still the same bluetooth system that Ford used on the Focus MK2.5. This system was superseded by the newer SYNC 1.0 system at approximately 06-2012. The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is no longer supported by Ford. The latest software update was released at 11-2012. From then the system became more and more outdated. Because of this newer phone models may not be fully compatible with the outdated Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. 

Next I suspect this problem to be caused by the phone (possibly settings or permissions).

The problem is not with the car, but with your phone. I can't understand why your phone would want to route audio through the watch unless it has audio support as an option on the bluetooth specification. Yet another reason why I hate Samsung!

I have a Oneplus 3T, and a fit bit and I have Sync 2 in my car, and I can have notifications pushed to my device too. I don't get issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club