Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Focus ST3 ?

Fish13

Has anyone retro-fitted cruise control to their focus st3, or point me in the direction of someone who has. Really would like this done and any help is much appreciated. :smile:

8 minutes ago, Fish13 said:

Has anyone retro-fitted cruise control to their focus st3, or point me in the direction of someone who has. Really would like this done and any help is much appreciated. :smile:

The ST-3 doesn't have it? I'm surprised by that.

• Like 1

no mate, pre facelift 2006 mine is and as far as i'm aware none did but I don't see why it can't be fitted just interested if it's been done

2006? does it have the three spoke steering wheel?

i was looking into this on my old focus. i did come across a 2 posts 1 saying the easiest was is to change to the four spoke steering wheel , but i did see another post where the guy installed switches onto the radio control stalk for the cruise control ill have a look and see if i can come across it

• Like 1

Cheers mate I would appreciate that. I want to keep steering wheel, I want it to look like stock as if it came with it already 

have a look at this bud, this may help theres a lot of reading in it but there are ways of fitting to the 3 spoke steering wheel,

have you used elmconfig before? or have a modified cable to connect to the car? you will need to activate the cruise control with one if your car supports cruise control ok

To be honest I haven't a clue, I've not long had the car but surprised they were never fitted from factory and so this is definately what I want for mine. I went to my local Ford today who were very dubious of "safety issues" and said it's something they wouldn't do, so am after any help or where it could be done?

you may find a good local ford indi who would be confident enough to take this on, it can be done, (speaking from experience as im a technician for another brand) i can see the safety concern bit on fords behalf, retrofits are not tested they dont want the blame for anything going wrong.

but if it is something you are confident to do yourself have a good read through the guide i linked above,

this is also the link to modify an elm327 cable to use to active the cruise control, (i cant stress enough if you use this software always make a back up of your vehicle configuration before programming any setting, things from time to time can go wrong and its always good to have a configuration to go back to)

http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfig-enable-ford-ecu-functions/

The Focus MK2/MK2.5 ST was never available with Cruise Control. Retrofitting the original Cruise Control system on a MK2/MK2.5 ST is not possible. The PCM (ME 9.0) and PCM software do simply not support Cruise Control.

The only option to install Cruise Control into a Focus MK2/MK2.5 ST is by using an aftermarket Cruise Control system.