Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Antifreeze/coolant

Marielynsey86

If i have pink coolant is it ok to top it up with prestone(yellow) or is it not good to mix? It says it mixes with any colour coolant but not sure if i should trust what it says on the label or not as ive been told never to mix colours

I would Have thought as long as the spec (DIN?) number is the same then it won't matter. Except that it may go a funny colour with the mix. If it where me I would use the same one that's in it.I would Just make sure that it is a good quality  named one though.

I was in Eurocarparts a while back to buy antifreeze . They had bottles on the counter of pink and blue. They were a different price (but same make). I asked what the difference was. They were unable to tell me. I read the labels on each and could not see any difference. so I bought blue as it was cheaper and when I was younger it was always blue as far as I can recall (unless it was the cheap methanol stuff).   someone must know the difference - anyone?

don't buy the ready mixed stuff (pre diluted)- you are paying for the water which you can get out of your tap.

The chemicals in the blue antifreeze are alot more aggressive than what are in the pink as the blue antifreeze eats away at aluminium Engine parts so if your engine is running pink antifreeze I highly recommend you don't put blue antifreeze in but I can't say if the prestone yellow will be OK 

Handbook says stick with pink OAT. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club