Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus titanium 1.6 petrol mpg

Pren

Just bought a 2011 focus 1.6 petrol titanium. Lovely looking car drives ok but a little sluggish. Only getting 35-36 mpg is this normal was expecting a little better from it and l don't drive it hard at all.

Just bought a 2011 focus 1.6 petrol titanium. Lovely looking car drives ok but a little sluggish. Only getting 35-36 mpg is this normal was expecting a little better from it and l don't drive it hard at all.

Yep, that'll be the tivct engine then. Same one I have. There's been many threads relating to this engine being sluggish so use the search function and start reading. Your local ford dealer will do a PCM update, if your car doesn't already have it, which will make the car a bit more lively. Other than that not much you can do about it. I love mine but agree that it can be sluggish at times. Try running the AC for a few minutes before setting off.

Cheers l'll give it a try. Wish l'd gone for the tdci model now. Costing a fortune in petrol.

• Like 1

Cheers l'll give it a try. Wish l'd gone for the tdci model now. Costing a fortune in petrol.

Unfortunately this is the case with those engines. They've been replaced by the ecoboost units now. Which I should have gone for but don't lose heart too soon. That engine you have, if driven properly, can surprise you sometimes. The power is there you just need to work at getting it out. If that makes sense.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If you've only just bought it you can give it back usually you have a 14 day or more cooling period, you would have been better getting the ecoboost 1.0 or 1.6 tdci I currently get 50mpg more in the summer 

Yep that's the same MPG I've been getting on the same car. Ti-vct engine. I found I had to drive it a little different to past cars and give it much higher revs when pulling away or speeding up. Othersiwe it can feel sluggish and struggle. There is a PCM update available that fixes some of these issues at your Ford dealer if not already been done. 

• Like 1

Just short of 400 miles on a full tank.

Also  l have 18inch wheels fitted what should my tyre pressure be...cheers

Also  l have 18inch wheels fitted what should my tyre pressure be...cheers

It's should say tyre pressures for all sizes of wheels on the driver side door sill. There is a white information sticker there.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Going to try adding redex next time l fill up ( very shortly ) see if that helps.

I have the ecoboost 1.6 in that car. It's not sluggish, but mpg sits around 40, so if you change don't expect too much of an improvement there! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club