Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Windscreen wipers?

matt1987

Guys - I guess fly by wire is 'progress' and to be honest whilst I never had any problems with the cable system on my older cars I’ve had fly by wire on my last 4 cars and never had a problem either.

Just going back on topic for a second having had auto wipers on other cars I find they can be a useful addition particularly on wet roads when an HGV comes around the bend and chucks a load of spray at you the wipers go into quick mode automatically and you can keep you hands on the steering wheel turning the corner – auto wipers get 9/10 from me :)

The auto lights mmmmmm not sure, I find often on grey days when 60% of traffic have their lights on and I should too the system can fail to switch them on, so I’ll give it an 7/10

fair enough...i like that...the old out of 10 review...das is goord! :)

n i don't dislike the current fly by wire...but am just concerned at future 'developements'...its worries me. :unsure:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thesilverfox

• Jonny87

• InstructorPiggy

• KeithC

fair enough...i like that...the old out of 10 review...das is goord! :)

n i don't dislike the current fly by wire...but am just concerned at future 'developements'...its worries me. :unsure:

:o only start worrying when they finally get cars to drive themselves ‘cos you (and me) might be out of a job :) :)

lol! it will happen....look at I-robot! ECU can't think like a human!

how you get on today in the snow/ice???

lol! it will happen....look at I-robot! ECU can't think like a human!

how you get on today in the snow/ice???

saturday was a bit of a problem, too much snow on the side roads so we had to stay on main roads, I was expecting a shed load of shoppers but in the end it wasn't a bad day. Out for a couple of hours this morning, roads not too bad. Rest of the week is a bit quiet - You?

saturday was a bit of a problem, too much snow on the side roads so we had to stay on main roads, I was expecting a shed load of shoppers but in the end it wasn't a bad day. Out for a couple of hours this morning, roads not too bad. Rest of the week is a bit quiet - You?

awful today...full day of work...had to pick a few up and take them to main roads...esp with a 2week old new car and two new pupils today (well new to me), threw em straight in deep end on main roads coz they were clear...moved on later as sun warmed things up! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club