Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumper Paint advice

Benlavelle

Morning guys & gals, 

I wanted some advice on my car, after work yesterday I came back to the car park to only find out someone had clipped my bumper when pulling out. The damage isn't horrendous but I'm a perfectionist and would like to sort it. I know I can get the whole bumper sprayed but that'll cost a lot of pennies, can anyone recommend any other ideas?? 

IMG_1995.JPG

pop to Halfords and buy a touch-up pen kit around £11 i think they are, that will haveing it looking better in no time at all

I've used a pen before but I know with metallic paint is can be a little tricky when applying the paint as the particles act differently when applied with a pen rather than a pressured spray. From previous experience it looks a little rubbish to be honest, what are your thoughts? 

some one like chipsaway or like them that do local repairs at your home 

A company like Chips-Away (others are available) should be able to repair just the affected area and blend it in for rather less pennies.

Edit: Jason just beat me to it :laugh:

• Like 1

Mrs ScaniaPBman managed to do worse than that to the front bumper corner. No plastic was cracked but there were deepish scratches about 10cm long.

I went to my friendly back street paint sprayer/body man who quoted £70.

He did a good job respraying most of the front bumper.

This should give you a guide to the cost for your job.

ScaniaPBman.

Thanks for all the advise guys, anyone used chip-away?

Yeah I've been quoted £100 from my mechanics friend. My main worry is that the bumper will look a different shade 😔

But I've been told not to worry, he uses a colour chip to pick the colour ok the bumper. Not completely sure what that means but I'm still a little nervous it'll come back a different shade! 

Ben 

The paint sprayers these days seem to do better colour matching than previously.

I have had 2 paint jobs done on my car and I cannot see the 'join' in the paint on the panel.

I suspect if I looked hard enough in the correct light conditions I might detect something but I am not that fussy really. It all looks fine to me.

ScaniaPBman

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club