Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaw Rate Sensor

Mr Glyn

Hi my local garage has told me I need a new Yaw rate sensor (£600 plus) on searching for the diagnostic code C1279, it says Yaw Rate Sensor Circuit Failure could this be a simple bad connection fault?

You've checked all the fuses?

If its like the Fester the sensor will be under the centre console forward of the gear stick.  Worth cleaning the connector. 

Ford sensors are horrifically expensive but pattern ones are about £100.  Good used ones on eBay.  About half an hour to fit.  only models with TC/ESP have it.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, Jethro_Tull said:

You've checked all the fuses? (snip)

It’s the ESP warning light that stays illuminated would you know which fuse is associated with it?  

Fuse box.jpg

Not off hand, although F5, F6 F40 and F37 would be favourites. The Haynes book of lies might help.

Thanks Jethro I did have a look at the ones you mentioned and I’ve ordered a Haynes manual, presently looking for the actual Yaw rate sensor, had hoped to find it under the centre counsel L  

Sorry matey.  I know it's there in the Fester, and being very close cousins I was hoping it would hold true for the Fusion.  Hope you find it and a wiggle of the connector and some contact cleaner cures it.

• 5 years later...
On 3/10/2017 at 11:39 PM, Mr Glyn said:

Thanks Jethro I did have a look at the ones you mentioned and I’ve ordered a Haynes manual, presently looking for the actual Yaw rate sensor, had hoped to find it under the centre counsel L  

hi 

a long time later... did you find the solution please ? i have the same problem on my fiesta ...

• Sad 1

You're in for a very, very long wait if you expect a reply from Mr Glyn who last visited the forum 6th April 2017

On 1/13/2023 at 7:08 PM, unofix said:

You're in for a very, very long wait if you expect a reply from Mr Glyn who last visited the forum 6th April 2017

😓 hmmm yes for sure ... 

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club