Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stability control indicator?

Ford_lover38

Hey guys,

Drove over a hump earlier and the Stability Control ESP indicator light came on for a second and then went off.

Now common sense tells me it came on just to show its kicking in but do you know if the light coming on then going back off is a bad thing? 

Thanks

Hey guys,
Drove over a hump earlier and the Stability Control ESP indicator light came on for a second and then went off.
Now common sense tells me it came on just to show its kicking in but do you know if the light coming on then going back off is a bad thing? 
Thanks

No its not a bad thing .its just sensed one wheel slipping so its corrected it.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, yunii said:

No its not a bad thing .its just sensed one wheel slipping so its corrected it.
Yunii

Thanks mate :)

Ot will light up even when you set off quickly to try wheel spinning.

• Like 1

Happens to me quite often if I don't pull away carefully (although I have managed to spin my wheels in third gear a couple of times [emoji41])

Sent from my SM-G930F

And to add to the list... same here. Since changing tyres to Falken ZE914's i don't set it off as much (they stick like brown stuff, and I drive, err, progressively...)

Hitting random pot holes/dips in the road, esp in the wet, tend to set it off briefly.

Emergency braking on a wet road with mud over it, trying to avoid hitting a suicidal farm animal that has decided to suddenly cross the road, also sets it off...

• Like 1

I've got Continental sport contact 5's on mine, even when I accidentally wheel spin I've not set mine off unless I absolutely plant my foot into the floor.

Seems that the MK3.5 holds like brown stuff. Even in the pouring rain I can't feel any kind of slippage nor have I managed to set it off.

I know on my old MK2.5, hitting large puddles in the dark would set it off. Hit a patch of mud once in it, and trust me, it works a charm when it does kick in.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club