Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Edge Engine Failure

Snowchick

Yes...my 8 month old Edge isn't starting and I am currently waiting for a low loader to take to local Ford garage (who can't look at it until next week!)

Ford Assist sent out the AA who tested battery; but that doesn't appear to be the issue. 

Has anyone experienced the same on the forum? Are there any known issues? 

Click bait thread title lol. Can't be of help sorry. 

On 10/03/2017 at 0:56 PM, NeilRS said:

Hardly an engine failure!

Apologies. What would one refer to an engine that's failing in its ability to start? 

1 hour ago, Surfmobile said:

Apologies. What would one refer to an engine that's failing in its ability to start? 

Car won't start? May have nothing to do with the engine. Engine failure implies catastrophic internal failure resulting in it needing rebuilding or replacing. Could be a immobiliser fault or fuel pump or a number of things. 

13 hours ago, Surfmobile said:

Semantics I suppose. What was the problem with it? 

14 hours ago, Brad8988 said:

Car won't start? May have nothing to do with the engine. Engine failure implies catastrophic internal failure resulting in it needing rebuilding or replacing. Could be a immobiliser fault or fuel pump or a number of things. 

Thank you - unfortunately my knowledge of the mechanical make up of a car is somewhat limited. I came onto the forum to identify whether anyone had experienced anything similar, not be highlighed for choosing miswording for thread title? 

2 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Semantics I suppose. What was the problem with it? 

Not sure yet, but thank you for asking. 

45 minutes ago, Surfmobile said:

Thank you - unfortunately my knowledge of the mechanical make up of a car is somewhat limited. I came onto the forum to identify whether anyone had experienced anything similar, not be highlighed for choosing miswording for thread title? 

Are Snowchick and Surfmobile the same person?

We aren't having a dig. The thread title  just felt misleading which may just be to people with some mechanical experience. Sorry for the confusion, we didn't mean to cause offence. 

Sorry bad day. Having driven to Ford (which is some drive) to collect Edge that is apparently fixed, kept waiting for 15 minutes and eventually told that they are unable to start car again.... Not impressed! 

wiring fault in engine bay normally.