Do Not Sell My Personal Information

need a permenant 12V feed

Morgiee

Hi all hope you can help, I'm wiring in a reverse camera to his 2011 Mondeo econetic.  The problem is the camera needs a permeant 12v feed.  I've tested from all possible plug points off the rear lights, but 12v only becomes present when you turn on your lights or press on the brake.  Below the rear right light is a fuse panel and relays but not accessible to splice into a feed.  Below the left rear light is a random plug with a thick blue wire but no power from that either.

Has anyone installed a camera to these cars?  have you come across a good 12v feed? 

Thanks

Plenty of them in the fuse box under the dash don't ask me how I know when I was trying to find an ignition live when I was hard wiring my dash cam in.

Thanks while waiting for a response I did a little more research on this site and found some one used a blank point on a fuse box in the boot.  Tapped off it as it had one spade connector feeding 12v. 

The only other thing I need to know on these vehicles is how to remove the ford badge and exterior boot handle its attached to as I need to remove it to properly mount the camera.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club