Sign in to follow this  
redrabbit

Thinking of upgrading to an ST

About a month ago I went from a 15 year old Ford Focus to a 2 year old one.  A mk3.5 focus with 22000 miles on the clock. It's a 1.0 ecoboost.  It's a Titanium X and I absolutely LOVE it.  It's pretty perfect.  I love the part leather seats, the cruise control, the reverse camera, the feel of it, the Navigation system, it's so so so good.

I've always wanted an ST though and I'm now wondering if I could in about 6 months upgrade to one. I'd want the exact same spec inside - so the full touch screen system, the cruise control, sat nav, the seat warmers, etc... but the ST version.  

I bought my car for £11000 and I suppose with some extra loan I could stretch to around £16'000.  

Some of the ST's I've seen are not the same inside despite being the same age.  Is there anything I should really be wary of?  Any advice for me?

I would personally stick with what you have and just remap it. With so much traffic and speed restrictions I would choose the economy option.

Maybe wait a couple of years and then you will have sync 3 inside the ST which is supposed to be much better than sync 2 which was Microsoft based.