Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not your regular idle issue..

Harleysdad

Hi guys. New to the forum and hoping for a bit of help. I have a ford focus 1.8 duratec he 2009.. And ever since I've had it the throttle seems unable to rev any less than 2000 rpm regardless of how lightly I touch the pedal it has a mind of its own and revs to 2000(embarassong when trying to park lol) it doesn't matter whether in gear or not it still acts the same however it idles as it should..... 

Up to now I have checked for vacuum leaks, replaced the throttle body and pcv valve . also had recent clutch.  Any suggestions as it drives me nuts

Thanks 

The throttle  pedal may be faulty as it has some electrical connections on it. Its fly by wire

no cable type but how it works am not sure

9 minutes ago, dezwez said:

The throttle  pedal may be faulty as it has some electrical connections on it. Its fly by wire

no cable type but how it works am not sure

something like this no old cable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-8-PETROL-MANUAL-ACCELERATOR-THROTTLE-PEDAL-6-PIN-2005-2008-/282386092129?hash=item41bf85d061:g:puQAAOSw4A5Yvh2I

Thanks mate. I'll add that to my list of things to try. 

i don't know for sure, but I assume it works like a variable resistor like a volume control. so if you knew which wires to check you could put a multimeter on it to check ohms resistance and see if the change in reading is gradual and even as you push pedal down