Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission noise

Harleysdad

I have a 2009 1.8 Duratec he focus and have recently had a new 3 piece clutch fitted. Ever since this, when driving in 1st the car will sometimes make a sound almost like metal rubbing on metal. For a few seconds before stopping (sounds like an angle grinder lol) .  This isn't accompanied with any clutch slip or loss Of Power and isn't at any particular speed just in 1st gear

Or is am I completely wrong and this is the normal abs self test noise... Will test tomorrow

ABS test kicks off at around 15mph which can sound like the engine has fallen off its mount when turning full lock at the same time. it will only do I once per engine off on cycle so if you come to a stop and try again without turning engine off it wont do it

Yep. Exactly that. Took the car out today. Usually makes the noise as I hit a speedbump on my street, and I get a sort of clunk or sometimes a metal grinding noise for a split second at around 15mph and however much I try to recreate it.... It happens once per journey..... Pain in the back side but at least I know it's not my gearbox falling off lol.. Thanks guys

3 hours ago, Harleysdad said:

Yep. Exactly that. Took the car out today. Usually makes the noise as I hit a speedbump on my street, and I get a sort of clunk or sometimes a metal grinding noise for a split second at around 15mph and however much I try to recreate it.... It happens once per journey..... Pain in the back side but at least I know it's not my gearbox falling off lol.. Thanks guys

Mine does the grinding noise if you're turning the wheel any significant amount whilst it happens - if you're driving straight it will just clunk.

Mine sounds to me like a metal grinding metal for a split second. Always at 12mph and only once per journey. Case closed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club