Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo upgrade recommendations for focus mk2

richardc1983

My partner looking for a replacement stereo for a mk2 focus. Current one is the Ford - 6000 CD - but it doesn't have blue tooth or aux. 

Budget upto £300 ish. 

Thank you. 

I'd recommend the Pioneer AVH5800DAB but don't know if you have a Halfords discount card because it brings the price down from £399 to £339 

But still too much, have a look on Car Audio Centre, you can get a cheapish one and get a new Fascia plate for your car, really good place, I got my Fascia from there but Stereo from Halfords.

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/category.asp?m=&c=2730&brandfilter=&features=&sort_by_price=ASC&pageItem=12

• Like 2

when i used to have my 2008 focus i put a single din jvc radio/cd in had bluetooth aux etc . easy to fit just get the autoleads connection kit around £25, and a patch lead for the make of the unit you put in, so you don`t loose the steering controls £5 for the patch lead. if you put a double din unit in you won`t need to buy the extra plastic trim for it to fit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, andypsp said:

when i used to have my 2008 focus i put a single din jvc radio/cd in had bluetooth aux etc . easy to fit just get the autoleads connection kit around £25, and a patch lead for the make of the unit you put in, so you don`t loose the steering controls £5 for the patch lead. if you put a double din unit in you won`t need to buy the extra plastic trim for it to fit.

Guide: Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here 

For a mk2 focus to take an aftermarket double din headunit it still has a plastic strip for either side as the factory unit is wider than a standard double din as saw here: 

post-39676-0-72461700-1344254375_zpsgmxc

Ive got a really good unit cd.   Aux. dvd. bluetooth. Sd card.  sat navigation. Phone. Made by Xtrons s it was 179quid ish.... It fits perfectly in the dash as it's shaped to fit the hole if u see what I mean. All touch screen an absolute bargain and a decent habit. Can send u some pics tomorrow if u like 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harleysdad said:

Ive got a really good unit cd.   Aux. dvd. Bluetooth. Sd card.  sat navigation. Phone. Made by Xtrons s it was 179quid ish.... It fits perfectly in the dash as it's shaped to fit the hole if u see what I mean. All touch screen an absolute bargain and a decent habit. Can send u some pics tomorrow if u like 

Xtrons are a good manufacturer; I've got an Xtrons10" HD roof monitor fitted Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here 

Good radio at an affordable price is a Clarion FZ102E  Don't knock it, as rugged as it comes with Aux and USB but no CD. Easy to set up without all the gimmick's, can be found for around £56 if you search for it.,  

• Like 1

On 12/03/2017 at 11:08 PM, Lenny said:

Xtrons are a good manufacturer; I've got an Xtrons10" HD roof monitor fitted Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here 

I've just installed an Xtrons in my Zetec S, really easy to do as it's just plug and play and it fits perfectly and looks factory fit. It's got sat nav via micro sd card that came with it, bluetooth, can hook up a reverse camera which I'm doing today, it's touchscreen, and also comes with the canbus box. It's also a doddle to use, I'd highly recommend and at £169 delivered its unbeatable value. 

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WallaceZS said:

I've just installed an Xtrons in my Zetec S, really easy to do as it's just plug and play and it fits perfectly and looks factory fit. It's got sat nav via micro sd card that came with it, bluetooth, can hook up a reverse camera which I'm doing today, it's touchscreen, and also comes with the canbus box. It's also a doddle to use, I'd highly recommend and at £169 delivered its unbeatable value. 

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

Is Nice I like 👍

• Like 1

Reverse camera installed this morning, with help from the guides from Lenny and I think Brigante. 

IMG_1047.JPG

• Like 2

On 12/03/2017 at 9:28 PM, Harleysdad said:

Ive got a really good unit cd.   Aux. dvd. bluetooth. Sd card.  sat navigation. Phone. Made by Xtrons s it was 179quid ish.... It fits perfectly in the dash as it's shaped to fit the hole if u see what I mean. All touch screen an absolute bargain and a decent habit. Can send u some pics tomorrow if u like 

Yes please would be great. 

Thanks for the ideas guys lots of them there. :)

• 10 months later...

Hi guys i am getting a facelift 2009 focus estate within the next couple of weeks and want to upgrade the radio i have been looking into the xtrons as they look smart and have lots of good features, are yours still working fine and would you recommend them? i want bluetooth, satnav ideally but not a mega issue and DAB if that helps? Cheers

No clue but does say it has Google so would be a matter of connecting to WiFi or WiFi tethering with your mobile and save the offline Google map.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2017 at 7:58 AM, WallaceZS said:

I've just installed an Xtrons in my Zetec S, really easy to do as it's just plug and play and it fits perfectly and looks factory fit. It's got sat nav via micro sd card that came with it, Bluetooth, can hook up a reverse camera which I'm doing today, it's touchscreen, and also comes with the canbus box. It's also a doddle to use, I'd highly recommend and at £169 delivered its unbeatable value. 

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

How easy are they to fit?

Xtron are crap a friend had one in an A4 a couple if years ago

I wish companies would chuck all this .99 crap just round it up ffs :angry: maybe some are brainwashed by it it pi ss es me (swear filter!) off

• 1 year later...

Hi I have a MK2 Focus 2008 iv just bought a Xtrons dvd touch screen radio need help about the canbus adaptor in where to  Connect it to or I don’t need it thanks 

On 8/14/2019 at 1:08 PM, NICHOLAS DAVEY said:

Hi I have a MK2 Focus 2008 iv just bought a Xtrons dvd touch screen radio need help about the canbus adaptor in where to  Connect it to or I don’t need it thanks 

Is it a Ford specific model or just a standard/generic double din size unit?

• 7 months later...

I have also installed the same head unit as above - however the backlight for the button lights doesn’t work and it doesn’t keep time - hour behind (even on GPS setting). Any ideas? 

10 hours ago, Heidi said:

... and it doesn’t keep time - hour behind (even on GPS setting). Any ideas? 

Some devices that receive a time signal also have a setting to determine what time zone you are in. If you get into the menu, there may be an adjustment to move the time zone to +1, or -1, allowing it to sync a 00 time signal, then allow it to work out what actual time to correctly display...

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Some devices that receive a time signal also have a setting to determine what time zone you are in. If you get into the menu, there may be an adjustment to move the time zone to +1, or -1, allowing it to sync a 00 time signal, then allow it to work out what actual time to correctly display...

Yep and same answer from xtrons them selves

Screenshot_20200410_111008_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yep and same answer from xtrons them selves

I hope you guys realise what a huge burden being this clever really is LOL 🤣 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club