Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2012 Radio Change

MysteriousMrRyan

Hi All,

First Post...

So i have had a 2012 Focus for a little while now, and have been looking for the perfect thing to do to my MK3. This morning i found it. So that stock nasty radio in the focus, i have decided has got to go. The blue dot matrix screen needs an upgrade. So, this being the case i dont actually want to spend a lot of money if i can avoid it. What with the whole sony radio system and screen shaping up to be quite expensive brand new...

I know the screen is bigger for the colour LCD, so i am aware its not as simple as just unplugging the dot matrix, and that i would need the Sony Facia to match. But do i need to swap the whole radio, or does someone know if i can simply get away with swapping the front facia plate and putting the new LCD screen in? Or am i just asking for a world of issues?

The reason i ask is that i have actually found a sony facia and LCD screen, but not the radio part for a sensible price, but dont want to buy it if its not going to fit/work.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks,

Ryan.

EDIT: Im aware quite a few of these sort of posts exist, but none i could find that face the above situation.

If you're just swapping the standard radio for the Sony one with the LCD screen you'll be fine. Just the Sony Fascia it would be pretty useless without the buttons to go with it. 

But either way I believe you can get the LCD on it's own plug & play

I also am looking to fit the full color screen , watching this thread with interest

larger lcd can be fitted on its own, as long as its from the same age of car im led to believe.i fiited a 5in sat nav screen to my 2013 ( donor was 2012 ranger)  left the buttons and radio unit as they were.

@jw1982 is the expert when it comes to compatability issues

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies so far, so this is what i am looking to buy, This is the facia with all the buttons, and the LCD screen also comes with it. so the question is, will this plate fit my stock 2012 focus. The buttons i assume have some wire that connects into the radio? will they work with the stock radio or do i need the new sony one. Regarding the LCD, as you say if its just plug in and play, i am not worries about that side of things :)

Ryan

Facia.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club