Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tracking

Patrico777

I went to track my car as my steering wheel was bending left and I was going straight they done it went to test drive it and it was even worse went there again and its little better but still not 100% striaght! Should i be concered ?

Yes, because you have paid them to do a job and they have failed to do the most basic first step. Get them to cetralise your stereing wheel before they track your steering. I wouldn't consider them to be a good garage.

5 minutes ago, karl46 said:

Yes, because you have paid them to do a job and they have failed to do the most basic first step. Get them to cetralise your stereing wheel before they track your steering. I wouldn't consider them to be a good garage.

They did secure the wheel they seem to have good machine as well laser one I will go back deffinetly tomorrkw

43 minutes ago, karl46 said:

I was reading somewhere sometimes when it cannot be done properly its because the steering wheel need ro come off and adjust it ?

1 hour ago, Patrico777 said:

I was reading somewhere sometimes when it cannot be done properly its because the steering wheel need ro come off and adjust it ?

With the steering wheel centered, there is usually enough thread on each of the track rods to enable adjustment of the tracking to the correct specification. However, if the steering wheel has ever been removed and put back incorrectly, it may be that it would need to come off again and be put back on.. However, if its never been off, there is no reason why the tracking shouldn't be set with the wheel central. If you can get a quick look under the front of the car, you should be able to see how much thread is exposed on the track rod ends. In a perfect world, these are the same on both sides and the steering wheel  central.

What type of laser machine did they use?

If it was like the type that Halfords Auto Centres use then your tracking was NOT done correctly.

They use a gauge attached to your rear wheels for reference as to how far out your front steering is out. If your rear steering geometry is out then this is useless and can make the situation worse. You can only adjust the toe in and toe out settings with those things anyway.

Take it to somewhere that uses something like the Hunter steering geometry equipment and they can adjust not just your front steering geometry but also your read. Toe, Camber and caster.

4 hours ago, Proautocare said:

What type of laser machine did they use?

If it was like the type that Halfords Auto Centres use then your tracking was NOT done correctly.

They use a gauge attached to your rear wheels for reference as to how far out your front steering is out. If your rear steering geometry is out then this is useless and can make the situation worse. You can only adjust the toe in and toe out settings with those things anyway.

Take it to somewhere that uses something like the Hunter steering geometry equipment and they can adjust not just your front steering geometry but also your read. Toe, Camber and caster.

It was one of these and I will take it somewhere als 

IMG_6466.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club