Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 exhaust problem.

matrix001

Has anyone had this problem with a 2010 Mk2 1.6 hatch, The flange joint between the CAT/downpipe and the centre section of the exhaust is rotting away to nothing. There is nothing wrong with the pipes either side of this flange The car has only done 44000 miles, I don't want to buy a new Cat/downpipe and exhaust system to cure this, but if left it,s just going to fall apart one day. I,ve seen short flexi sections on eBay, perhaps this might work. This may be a common problem but I have had no problems with this car till now, Plenty with my Mk1, but that's another story.

cheapest option would be to use weld on a little piece to the section, however you need to remove all the affected exhaust first, then weld the section in.

Any exhaust shop will be able to sort you out with the best option.

Thanks for your reply. The corrosion is in both flanges and the bolts. I don't want to remove the downpipe if poss because of the manifold studs shearing. I can cut off the two flanges but I need a method of joining up the two pieces. I would like to repair this myself but if I have to go to a garage I will as a last resort. Never seen an exhaust joint so badly corroded as this one given the mileage, the rest of the system looks brand new, strange!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club