Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do i do this to my car?!?

TheFriendlyBambi

Hi, i own a 2010 zetecs fiesta and i wanted to do some cosmetic mods to it. Many mods i see people do is the grill, they have colored shapes inside of the grill and also the i like the idea of the half black splitter but im not sure how i do this? Any advice would be aprricated.

zetecs spliiter.png

The pic on the right is an Asian/ Australian grill - I've just picked one up from eBay for £25

Referring to previous posts and what you intend to do, don't chuck the original grill away. Keep it. Customised parts are not everyones cup of tea,

3 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

The pic on the right is an Asian/ Australian grill - I've just picked one up from eBay for £25

3 hours ago, Spanish_Fiesta said:

As above, Ive seen those grills on Amazon and Ebay for around £25

2 hours ago, karl46 said:

Referring to previous posts and what you intend to do, don't chuck the original grill away. Keep it. Customised parts are not everyones cup of tea,

Awsome thanks for the post, but all the ones ive seen are in silver? how do i get white? or red ect?

18 minutes ago, TheFriendlyBambi said:

Awsome thanks for the post, but all the ones ive seen are in silver? how do i get white? or red ect?

You have to paint the silver parts mate, Im going to order one this week, My car is silver lol so im ok for painting.... Saying that I might paint the black.

Be careful with the repo' grill because they are very fragile & can break very easily whilst fitting and they are moulded in matt black, whereas the original is a very dark grey-blackish colour, so the new grill won't match the upper small grill, the one with the Ford badge fitted to it.

Don't just buy the cheapest you see :blush: I've seen two qualities of these grill's...One is a no namer which is a terrible fit which flex's terrible as it's fitted and needs to be trimmed in places to fit and one a ford branded version is a excellent fit and pretty robust.

Take you're time removing the OE grill as it'll be in very tight and you really have to pull on it to remove the grill.

On 3/13/2017 at 9:47 PM, Spanish_Fiesta said:

You have to paint the silver parts mate, Im going to order one this week, My car is silver lol so im ok for painting.... Saying that I might paint the black.

On 3/14/2017 at 2:45 PM, Lewie226 said:

Those peices unclip so they can be sprayed

Ahhh ok cheers ty, understandable

On 3/14/2017 at 4:16 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Be careful with the repo' grill because they are very fragile & can break very easily whilst fitting and they are moulded in matt black, whereas the original is a very dark grey-blackish colour, so the new grill won't match the upper small grill, the one with the Ford badge fitted to it.

Don't just buy the cheapest you see :blush: I've seen two qualities of these grill's...One is a no namer which is a terrible fit which flex's terrible as it's fitted and needs to be trimmed in places to fit and one a ford branded version is a excellent fit and pretty robust.

Take you're time removing the OE grill as it'll be in very tight and you really have to pull on it to remove the grill.

Could u link me the best one?

3 minutes ago, TheFriendlyBambi said:

Could u link me the best one?

Hard to say really now! Best that you troll eBay and message the sellers of the grill/s and ask them what the quality is like! Flimsy ? Black ? or very dark grey ?

I got mine from Germany and was £25 including the postage, worst grill I've ever seen and the thing was covered in sharp plastic edges and the towing cover is a crap fit.

Told later that there is a better grill and sold by ford but not ford in the UK!

Ask a sellers few good questions...

This one is BLACK and cheap so best stay clear of it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-08-11-MK7-BUMPER-GRILLE-GRILL-CENTER-SPORT-NEW/190864756379?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Dbf19645c6cfb4bc09a5b3cde259108bb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D171937277389

32 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Hard to say really now! Best that you troll ebay and message the sellers of the grill/s and ask them what the quality is like! Flimsy ? Black ? or very dark grey ?

I got mine from Germany and was £25 including the postage, worst grill I've ever seen and the thing was covered in sharp plastic edges and the towing cover is a crap fit.

Told later that there is a better grill and sold by ford but not ford in the UK!

Ask a sellers few good questions...

This one is BLACK and cheap so best stay clear of it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-08-11-MK7-BUMPER-GRILLE-GRILL-CENTER-SPORT-NEW/190864756379?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Dbf19645c6cfb4bc09a5b3cde259108bb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D171937277389

Oh dear, it's the one I bought above- for the money I thought it was pretty ok

On 3/16/2017 at 6:51 PM, Lewie226 said:

Oh dear, it's the one I bought above- for the money I thought it was pretty ok

What was quality like?

For £25 I thought it was pretty good - I'll try to get some close up pics soon