Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK1 Rear Seat removal - Nuts are a pain

Dagger

I'm having a nightmare trying to get these seats out - 2 bolts are remaining that I cannot get to turn whatsoever 

I've tried penetration spray - worked on the others but not these

I'm starting to round the nuts now :ohmy:

HELP

22 hours ago, Dagger said:

I'm having a nightmare trying to get these seats out - 2 bolts are remaining that I cannot get to turn whatsoever 

I've tried penetration spray - worked on the others but not these

I'm starting to round the nuts now :ohmy:

HELP

Hi Daz, never tried taking seats out but have you tried using mole grips?  Plusgas is pretty good if you ain't already used it.

1 hour ago, Albert27 said:

Hi Daz, never tried taking seats out but have you tried using mole grips?  Plusgas is pretty good if you ain't already used it.

You can't get to grip anything as it doesn't protrude like a normal bolt, it's almost flush with the floor

I've managed to get one out eventually, but the other one is now rounded inside 

I have just had the rear seats out of my MK2.5 Focus. I guess your MK1.5 is much the same.

You don't say which bolts are actually causing a problem. Some have the end of the threaded part exposed under the car and I recon it is one of those that is stuck.

What I would do is to be radical. Just drill the offending bolt right out, You can estimate the drill size from one of the other bolts.

Then replace this with a bolt and nut. Forget about trying to put a thread back into the body hole.

Job done.

ScaniaPBman.

5 hours ago, ScaniaPBman said:

I have just had the rear seats out of my MK2.5 Focus. I guess your MK1.5 is much the same.

You don't say which bolts are actually causing a problem. Some have the end of the threaded part exposed under the car and I recon it is one of those that is stuck.

What I would do is to be radical. Just drill the offending bolt right out, You can estimate the drill size from one of the other bolts.

Then replace this with a bolt and nut. Forget about trying to put a thread back into the body hole.

Job done.

ScaniaPBman.

They are TORX Bolts - so the so the part where you unscrew is in the middle

So you have a star in the middle of bolt head?

If the centre is rounded and flush I think you should consider drilling the bolt out if you have access. 

Finally sorted it :biggrin:

Borrowed a TORX key and had to hammer it in to get a good grip

I'm not  removing seats again :sad: what a pain they've been 

Thanks everyone

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club