Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power fold mirrors

Nicholls0601

Got hold of a pair of power fold mirrors with puddle lights for a good price now I've read the guide how to wire them all up but am not sure how to get them working I know I need to program them via the elm but am not good with computers so is their anyone near to me that can configure them for me. 

Am more than happy to travel and provide beer tokens.

Hello,

So you have the mirrors, but do you know if you have the door modules etc for this to work?

You would need to check that the extra wiring is present if not then that would need to wired up.

First check you have the door modules and the wiring present.

Hello,
So you have the mirrors, but do you know if you have the door modules etc for this to work?
You would need to check that the extra wiring is present if not then that would need to wired up.
First check you have the door modules and the wiring present.

You would need to have global closing windows like on a titanium in order to have this mod or even door modules.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

As far as I know you'd need

Mirrors, modules and wires, rear electric windows, door electric window switches for the rear & drivers side, then enable global closing, sounds expensive but it isn't too bad. 

Sorry should have said yes my car is a titanium model with global closing windows.

In that case the car at least has door modules. However it is still possible that your door modules do not support power fold mirrors and need to be replaced. Next to this the wiring will for the power fold mirrors will almost certainly be missing and needs to be installed.

Have read the guide and if I understand it only 1 wire needs to be run.

Have read the guide and if I understand it only 1 wire needs to be run.

If you buy the toggle switch that controls mirror adjust.
Also read this copied from elsewhere .has the switch part no.

buy the window switch 1694232 @ £ 49.60 with the mirror fold function as you only need to add one wire from the door module to the mirror.

And to make them fold with the remote you need to get hold of someone with the UCDS adaptor as this is the only way you will get them to work via the remotely fold with keyfob locking & unlocking.
Before above switch & mod was done .
My mate did mine which was adding 3 wires. To & from module to mirror block connector. This is the switch i have
Before:

991f43c181bb2ebe52ac1b367c2adefb.jpg
After:

8429bc8229fce0442ebf6b99bcb5cacc.jpg

This came from Japan . & even then it did not fit the (before switch) so had to split the switch & swap casing to fit connector.
Yunii

Yeah got the switch and it's a genuine ford part as are the mirrors.

not to worried about them working with the remote so as long as I can get them working with the switch I'll be happy with that just need to find someone to enable it all as I'm not too hot with computers my limit is about the owners club and eBay.

• Like 1

not to worried about them working with the remote so as long as I can get them working with the switch I'll be happy with that just need to find someone to enable it all as I'm not too hot with computers my limit is about the owners club and eBay.

My switch is genuine ford part but ford didnt use many or change to toggle one.
Yunii

Try tezza he did mine & elm 327 will enable it.
Yunii

2 hours ago, Nicholls0601 said:

Sorry should have said yes my car is a titanium model with global closing windows.

as you have a titanium like me ,if i remember rightly i added 2 wires and enabled with elm .

im in Edmonton so bit far for you

Funny enough the other halfs mum live in Edmonton and am over some weekends if you'd be willing to help out that would be great.

i could always help mate no worries .do you have a laptop with windows seven on ?

where about in Edmonton does she live ?

Sorry for the late reply.

yes have a laptop with windows 7 and all I know is she don't live far from Edmonton green about 2 minutes walk from Asda.

Am off work this week so am going to be installing them at some point along with a few other parts I've managed to collect over the past few weeks.

1 hour ago, Nicholls0601 said:

Sorry for the late reply.

yes have a laptop with windows 7 and all I know is she don't live far from Edmonton green about 2 minutes walk from Asda.

Am off work this week so am going to be installing them at some point along with a few other parts I've managed to collect over the past few weeks.

i live right near the green also .let me know when you want me to help .im out on Tuesday and Wednesday but apart from that im in most the time .

make sure you have elm on the laptop as well pm me if you want

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club