Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Features I love and features I don't.

NeilRS

Love

performance and handling- much more agile than expected. 

Auto speed limiter. Great for motorway 50s and villages. Even better that you can accelerate through it if you have to. 

Stereo is nice now it's bedded in. 

Seats. Hugely comfy front seats- haven't tried the back yet. 

looking forward to a holiday with it-.think it will perform well.

fuel consumption. Getting 38 out of it at the moment-,not bad for a big lump still being run in.

Headroom better than the Range Rover- 

factory tow hitch and set up is very neat- nice feature on the reverse cam that the car picture has a trailer on it

Not keen on

auto stop start. Drives me mad in traffic.

sometimes struggle to get out of park at traffic lights. 

My iPod worked for a day and now it won't recognise it. 

Pre collision. How do people cope with this in a London? 

Will miss the roof rails come holiday time but I love the sunroof- yet to try my universal roof bars which may fit. 

8 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Love

performance and handling- much more agile than expected. 

Auto speed limiter. Great for motorway 50s and villages. Even better that you can accelerate through it if you have to. 

Stereo is nice now it's bedded in. 

Seats. Hugely comfy front seats- haven't tried the back yet. 

looking forward to a holiday with it-.think it will perform well.

fuel consumption. Getting 38 out of it at the moment-,not bad for a big lump still being run in.

Headroom better than the Range Rover- 

factory tow hitch and set up is very neat- nice feature on the reverse cam that the car picture has a trailer on it

Not keen on

auto stop start. Drives me mad in traffic.

sometimes struggle to get out of park at traffic lights. 

My iPod worked for a day and now it won't recognise it. 

Pre collision. How do people cope with this in a London? 

Will miss the roof rails come holiday time but I love the sunroof- yet to try my universal roof bars which may fit. 

Can you let me know on the roofbars ? forfeited mine for the pano roof but could do with somewhere for my bike :)  

Will do. They're just a Halfords pair which I used on the my old car which didn't have roof rails. 

I'm with you the stop/start! Several times I've tried to pull away at a roundabout and the thing is too slow to kick in. Can't find a way to permanently switch it off. 

1 hour ago, JBG said:

I'm with you the stop/start! Several times I've tried to pull away at a roundabout and the thing is too slow to kick in. Can't find a way to permanently switch it off. 

You can't turn it off permanently you can only turn it off with the (A) button every time you start the car. I have a manual transmission and quite like the auto stop start however I have covered 6700 miles in three months so city driving is very rare for me. Incidently drove to my office today (50 miles) achieved 46 mpg with Motorway Driving.

As for Pre Collision turned it right down and stuck some black tape over those stupid LED's on the Dash. Those LED's have got to be the most anoying stupid feature on the car especially in rain at night on the M25 with all of the idiots in Audi's BMW's and Mercs cutting into your safety space.

• 1 month later...

I quite like stop/start and most of my driving is local in towns and villages, so I'm stationary regularly.  I'm a hater of people who keep their foot in the brake at traffic lights, so unless I know the lights are about to change, I never do that.  I just knock the lever into NEUTRAL rather than PARK and flick on the parking brake.  As the lights change, or just before if my anticipation works well, I knock the lever into DRIVE, which starts the engine again, then just accelerate through the parking brake release, rather than pressing the foot brake and manually flicking the parking brake off.

Incidentally for anyone who didn't know this, if you don't have your seat belt on, you cannot drive away without manually flicking off the parking brake, but if you have your seat belt on you can and it only takes a little throttle response to do it, which will never damage the mechanism in any way as it is designed to do this.

I haven't had / driven an automatic for about 20 years (Sierra 2.0 Ghia) and, like Ian, get irritated by drivers who keep their brakes on when stopped at red lights (especially at night). I seem to recall on the Sierra that you could stop and leave it in drive without it creeping forward, without needing to keep the brake pressed or parking brake on. I tend to use the same sequence as described above, using neutral when stopped. 

I like the concept of the auto stop / start when in neutral, though it drives me mad when pulling out of a busy junction. It always cuts out at the wrong time, though starts again quickly enough. I now switch the system off in these situations...

On 2017-5-14 at 8:14 AM, Edge of Reason said:

Incidentally for anyone who didn't know this, if you don't have your seat belt on, you cannot drive away without manually flicking off the parking brake, but if you have your seat belt on you can and it only takes a little throttle response to do it, which will never damage the mechanism in any way as it is designed to do this.

I didn't know this! Thanks, tried it today, I wonder how much more I don't know about the car!!!

Must admit I never use the parking brake- unless I'm parking on a hill.

also I mostly select park at traffic lights? Is that bad practice? My reasoning was to negate the need to hold the foot brake on, and to provide some resistance should I be walloped from behind. 

Anyone know what current driving instruction policy is when stopped at lights?

The way that park operates is to physically lock the drive completely. I would have thought a shunt to the rear might be costly if the pin that locks the transmission breaks. I would have thought a car in neutral on the parking break struck from behind would be less costly.  There again it's going to be expensive either way and not your fault so someone else gets the bill. You just get the grief !

If I know I need may need to pull off quickly I just knock it back into sport while waiting which turns off the stop start and then back into drive once I've pulled away. Really takes minimal effort to move the gear know one click back. The stop start bothers me alot less in the edge than it did my focus St. 

I just leave mine in drive otherwise at lights with foot on the brake. Really don't care or take any notice if others do it. The only time I ever use the parking brake is when leaving the car when I put it both in Park with parking brake on. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club