Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm armed indicator & hello

73henny

Hi all,

Newbie here. We've a '16 Zetec S which we're very pleased with.

I can't see any indication within the car that the alarm is on when its locked. Is there supposed to be a red flashing indicator lamp somewhere on the dash?

Thanks in advance. 

Is there a little red light in the middle on the clocks,its where the Blue high beam light shows when on but i might be wrong.

Will have to have a look at mine but im sure a red one flashes there,its under the clock miles/millage/mpg read out.

There is no alarm armed light on later models. The flashing red light on older models has been deleted and the start / stop engine indicator (where fitted) is in its place.

23 minutes ago, Mariner said:

There is no alarm armed light on later models. The flashing red light on older models has been deleted and the start / stop engine indicator (where fitted) is in its place.

Strange to have nothing  to indicate its activated on newer models,mine is the older one so i have it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Does seem odd there's no way to indicate the alarm is armed, or as a deterrent for that matter.

• 11 months later...

Just got my Mk 8 and had the same query - no flashing light to indicate the alarm is active. So presume the Mk 8 doesn't have one either - no mention in the handbook and my dealer isn't aware of one?

Don't think the 7.5 has a blinking led or anything either. It is only a single fob press to lock and arm it seems.

Maybe it is just standard now that the alarm is automatically armed when the doors are locked, obviously sensing if anyone or anything is still in the car???

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club