Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power socket in center console

pash43uk

I use the power socket in the center console for my dashcam , does anyone know if this switches off after a set time once the car is locked ?

Around 20 minutes after locking the car in my experience

The front power socket in my Edge stays on for a couple of three hours. Like yourself, I have my dashcam powered from it. I find that it can be a bit of an antitheft deterrent as my colleagues at work often ask me if I know my dashcam powered up.
Dave

5 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

The front power socket in my Edge stays on for a couple of three hours. Like yourself, I have my dashcam powered from it. I find that it can be a bit of an antitheft deterrent as my colleagues at work often ask me if I know my dashcam powered up.
Dave

Thats great thanks , didnt want to leave it and flatten the battery :)

Stupid question time... where is your front 12v socket?

Mine is inside the centre armrest, but I've seen US spec cars with a socket located on the side of the centre console... I would have expected a socked in the storage compartment in front of the gear lever - where the USB sockets are. 

My power socket is under the armrest as well, I referred to it as the front to to separate it from the rear one also located in centre console.
Dave

Phew. I thought I was missing something...

14 hours ago, xn85 said:

but I've seen US spec cars with a socket located on the side of the centre console... I would have expected a socked in the storage compartment in front of the gear lever - where the USB sockets are. 

The car I test drove the middle of last year had one in the forward storage area but when mine turned up it didn't. No idea why.

What dash cam are using and where do you put it? 

Im looking at buying a dashcam and am currently looking at either a Nextbase 512 or Duo... I think. I'm probably going to hardware it when I get it and was thinking of using the rear fog lamp fuse. If anyone has hard wired a DC, what did you use for the earth?

On 3/17/2017 at 8:01 PM, xn85 said:

What dash cam are using and where do you put it? 

Im looking at buying a dashcam and am currently looking at either a Nextbase 512 or Duo... I think. I'm probably going to hardware it when I get it and was thinking of using the rear fog lamp fuse. If anyone has hard wired a DC, what did you use for the earth?

I`m using the Nextbase 512 , had to fit it top right of the windscreen as i couldn`t find anywhere else with an unobstructed view. Its plugged in to the power in the armrest at the minute but when i get chance i will hard wire it using a 12v to usb adapter i fitted in my Kuga..

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club