Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet rear footwell

eggsy

Just wondering if any one has had this problem before? My rear drivers side footwell is soaking in a previous car i took the door panel off to find the plastic mebrane underneath had come away from the door! this fixed the problem so i took the door panel off today and there is a foam panel underneath that was securely fixed! is there a membrane under this foam or does any one no what this problem is! ive checked the drainage holes but they seemed clear?

Thanks min will have another look today to see that its stuck properly all the way around.

Well had a good look today and could see nothing wrong at all with the foam door panel, checked all the rubber sealer around the door aswell that was all fine just a bit of water sitting on the seal at the bottom. just going to have to sit in there next time it rains to see if i can see anything untoward.

Sounds stupid, but does your rear washer work? If not how long has it stopped working for? It could be that if it isn't working and you keep operating the switch to try to get it to work, it could be leaking from the connector in the roof panel and seeping down to the carpet.

Sounds stupid, but does your rear washer work? If not how long has it stopped working for? It could be that if it isn't working and you keep operating the switch to try to get it to work, it could be leaking from the connector in the roof panel and seeping down to the carpet.

nothing sounds stupid where cars are concerned will check that out just in case.took it to my local garage and he says they have had cars stripped right down to find those faults with no luck! he suggested taking the plastic trm up at the bottom of the door and then hosing it outside to see if i can see it running down any where ,will be trying that later aswell.

Just wondering if any one has had this problem before? My rear drivers side footwell is soaking in a previous car i took the door panel off to find the plastic mebrane underneath had come away from the door! this fixed the problem so i took the door panel off today and there is a foam panel underneath that was securely fixed! is there a membrane under this foam or does any one no what this problem is! ive checked the drainage holes but they seemed clear?

Heres a bit of an update on my footwell problem. took the inside trims off yeaterday and stood outside with the hose for a while. no leaks found put it all back together and tucked a clear plastic bag under the trim to determine wether the water was coming over the top of the trim or underneath? luckily had a good downpour last night went to the car and the biggest puddle was sitting on the bag! opened the door and there was a 2 inch wet patch on the trim near the centre door pillar. the trim all around the door was dry so im stuck as to where its getting in apart from the door panel but that does not feel wet? slowly slowly getting there but getting frustrated now.

My friends X Type Jag developed the same kinda problem.. The garage couldnt identify the problem.. Got rid of it in the end before it got worse..

Check the rear light seals we sell loads of rear lights for this problem

They perish on the one side where the Water goes down the side of the Tailgate

• 1 month later...

Check the rear light seals we sell loads of rear lights for this problem

They perish on the one side where the Water goes down the side of the Tailgate

well at long last i think i have finally cured my leak. Took the door card off hosed the door and a tiny but constant drip was dripping from the foam membrane. decided to take the foam off to reseal and found the speaker was wet aswell! the water comes in through the window hits the speaker runs around the speaker housing and down the back of the foam where there is a small hole in the sealer!!ive put a plastic flap over the back off the speaker to deflect the water and resealed the foam hopefully thats fixed it just waiting for some rain now!!! which is not something i often say. hope this helps any one else having a similar problem!

well at long last i think i have finally cured my leak. Took the door card off hosed the door and a tiny but constant drip was dripping from the foam membrane. decided to take the foam off to reseal and found the speaker was wet aswell! the water comes in through the window hits the speaker runs around the speaker housing and down the back of the foam where there is a small hole in the sealer!!ive put a plastic flap over the back off the speaker to deflect the water and resealed the foam hopefully thats fixed it just waiting for some rain now!!! which is not something i often say. hope this helps any one else having a similar problem!

if the waters dripping down from the window you need to replace the rubber seal on the outside of the window that runs along the door this shouldnt let water through when it does its usually worn or distorted it should be tight enough against the glass that water doesnt get through

if the waters dripping down from the window you need to replace the rubber seal on the outside of the window that runs along the door this shouldnt let water through when it does its usually worn or distorted it should be tight enough against the glass that water doesnt get through

try putting a bag of flour in a watering can full of water, mix and pour in the suspected area,leave for a while and should leave a white streak which should narrow it down a bit

• 7 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club