Do Not Sell My Personal Information

start stop/ with warning

tealeafuk

Hello everyone this most likely nothing but it was abit scary when it happened and I want to know what's what. I'm a driving instructor and I was giving a lesson today and the learner was bit funny with the gears like at one point went in to 1st when they wanted 3nd. Anyway as we kept going they turned a corner and it started jumping like it was in wrong gear, then wouldn't move for a moment then I got a service Now warning on the dash and the light on the start/stop button which says off lit up and wouldn't go off. I got the learner to turn off the engine and restart same thing. So carried on with lesson thinking what hell has happened? Lesson over learner gets out and I get in turn the car on nothing everything normal again and start stop working as it should, I was very thankful for that. Now I'm wondering what hell happened and want to make sure it doesn't happen again. i'm guessing with the learner going in the wrong gears and stalling it a few times it set the car in limp mode but once it was rested went ok again am I right?

Start stop systems disable themselves when battery is under load or not at optimum charge ie  air con on heater on rear screen or short journeys where battery hasn't chance to re charge I find they are a pain and turn them Off....

My previous car did that. The 'off' lamp illuminated and wouldn't go off. It needed an overnight rest to work again.

It never did it again.

The lamp on the gear stick shouldn't be coming on if there is load or not enough charge, this is shown on the dashboard with a grey A symbol when such criteria is met.

If the A is lighting up on the gear stick and won't go off when pressed, and the system is telling you "service Now", this indicates a fault with the system. Get it back to Ford ASAP as you still have warranty. There will be a fault code logged in the system for that.