Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Order

Ja1973

Could anyone give me the heads up on how long it takes from order to delivery for a factory order. I was planning on keeping mine for 2-3 years. But I need a tow bar and the prices I'm been quoted at various ford dealers is mad. Between £900-£1100. We get Privledge through a family member so should get a good price.

So have you ordered? Tow bar was around £750 if I remember correctly. 

I had a factory order and it took 4 1/2  months to reach the dealer.  When I ordered there was UK stock with a tow bar but not some of the other stuff I wanted, namely Sync3.  As that has been out a for a bit now there might now be stock, if not with a dealer, then in the holding compound, especially if you are not fussed about colour.  Any Ford dealer should be able to check for you.

The factory fitted tow bar is quite a tidy set up.

when I collected mine the dealer said lead times were now 9 months. Could be dealer twaddle of course. Defo worth going for the factory fitted tow set up- I imagine there's software changes too rather than just hardware. 

Bought mine early days, ordered last June, Built in September, Delivered mid December (5 1/2 months). But mine was sat in the factory compound for 5 weeks of that!! 

Bought mine in September, dealer was quoting 3-4 months delivery. So we bought the showroom car, which was fully loaded. Still finding things I didn't know I had!

The Ford towbar is a very neat looking job. Just a pain to attach/detach the tow ball. I leave mine on!

Is it? Mines on still and haven't tried to remove it yet. Found it very easy to get on- just clicked on and I took the key out. Am I missing something? Is it a pain to remove?

It comes off easy enough but getting the mechanism reset so it will go back on again took a bit of strength!!  I had it "locked" but not fitted for a bit which took a bit of working out! Maybe it's just me of course.

Factory fit comes with a retractable towbar, where the tow ball swivels underneath the car. I can image you need to get down on hands and kneees to swing it back into place...

i had a Ford (Brink?) towbar fitted at the dealer. It cost me £695 fitted. This comes with a detachable swan-neck tow ball (I tend to leave mine on permanently) which was a bit of a fiddle to get locked in place, but looks quite neat when fitted.

i had other quotes (thule and Witter) for a removable bar, generally around the £650 mark, but I decided to got for the main dealer fitted bar.

It's a swan neck, it detaches rather than swivelling under the car. It took a mechanic 30 minutes to fit when we collected the car, it hasn't been off since!

Jim sums it up succinctly!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I find attaching or detaching the tow ball quite simple, but then I had a very similar set up on my old Kuga.  My Edge tow bar was factory fitted, whereas my Kuga was Ford Dealer fitted.  The Kuga required a little bit of cutting of the rear bumper and if you looked closely, you could tell it had a tow bar, even when detached, but the Edge is really neat and completely invisible when not fitted.  My only gripe is with the brake safety cable on my trailer, as the loop on the Edge tow ball assembly is in a position which makes it difficult to clip the clip onto, without getting your knees dirty.