Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Tailgate

DavesEdge

It would not let me put any text in when I created this post.
On my Titanium Edge, manual with lux pack, larger Sat nav screen etc, when I press any button to open the tailgate, it opens automatically, the problem comes when closing it. A few times now it has closed but not latched shut, only to re-open again whereby it loses the auto functionality and is a pain to shut. Most recently happened at Heathrow airport as I was flying out. Will be going back to dealers in my return to UK but was wondering if anyone else had this problem and had a cure for It?
Dave

5 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

It would not let me put any text in when I created this post.
On my Titanium Edge, manual with lux pack, larger Sat nav screen etc, when I press any button to open the tailgate, it opens automatically, the problem comes when closing it. A few times now it has closed but not latched shut, only to re-open again whereby it loses the auto functionality and is a pain to shut. Most recently happened at Heathrow airport as I was flying out. Will be going back to dealers in my return to UK but was wondering if anyone else had this problem and had a cure for It?
Dave

Mines thrown a wobbler a few times and ive had to shut it by hand. Dealer "checked the software" but couldnt find anything wrong !

• 1 month later...

Mines doing the same now. It closes nearly a but seems its miss aligned or something. It then instantly reopens. Only way to close it is to push it as it hits the latch. 

Spent 20 mins trying to sort it but no idea what the issue is. Going to take it to Ford next week. 

Well it seems to have fixed itself overnight. 

My auto tailgate has done the same a few times now and had to shut it manually, i can not see doing this so often doing the mechanics any good. Will ford repair it if it knacks up ?

Yea of course it will be under warranty. 

• 1 year later...

just a thought-- has anyone reversed upto near a garage door or wall and pushed the button to open the tailgate? I assume it may not open because the reversing sensors have maybe "told" the car it is close to a wall. I don't fancy trying this myself!

4 hours ago, shocks said:

just a thought-- has anyone reversed upto near a garage door or wall and pushed the button to open the tailgate? I assume it may not open because the reversing sensors have maybe "told" the car it is close to a wall. I don't fancy trying this myself!

No it doesn't. It opens, hits the garage then closes again. Don't ask me how I know this!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, KugaEdge said:

No it doesn't. It opens, hits the garage then closes again. Don't ask me how I know this!

its so easy to just park up and push the open button without thinking (I think) 🤔

Mine wouldnt open too close to a wall. Maybe some differences, mines a 2018?

Hi All

Just a quick update (as mentioned elsewhere on these forums), whether close to a wall or in middle of empty car park made no difference to operation of tailgate.

When my car was in for some warranty work last year, a new tailgate motor was fitted.

This cured the problem for me. Have only had couple of instances of it failing since, whereas before it got to a point of being a virtually continuous problem.

Happy motoring

Dave

My tailgate occasionally makes a ‘clunk’ noise when opening. No idea why but I have noticed that when it closes after having made the clunk noise when opening, it doesn’t seem to make the secondary locking noise. When there is no opening clunk, this tailgate closes and appears to have a motorised secondary lock sound. Is this the same issue others have had with the tailgate becoming misaligned ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club