Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reving on own in idle

JayG90

My fiesta seems to be reving on it own accord when at idle. It's done it 3 times now. It has just cut out but started again first time like as if I've stalled. 

I've had loss of power whilst driving once out the 3 also. 

Any ideas? 

I'm tempted to take it ford and hope warranty will cover whatever but worried as I can't afford their charges they'll throw at me if it isn't under warranty just now. 

If you have a warranty they should at least look at it for nothing.

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

If you have a warranty they should at least look at it for nothing.

They've said it'll only be free if whatever it is covers the warranty. So I'm at catch 22. I have to sign a jobs card or something. 

They can't charge you to look at it, if it is under warranty.

They can only charge you to fix it, if after looking they find it isn't in warranty.

Just ask them to look at it under the warranty, but not to do any work which costs until you give them the go ahead.

Is there a difference between warranty and extended warranty as I've paid £500 for extended. Wondering if that's their argument? 

Apparently it's their own warranty I've taken out with them so if it isn't covered under warranty it's a £80 bill :/ 

If I'd paid £500 for a warranty I'd want it looking at.

3 years but it is a 2011. I paid them £500 for extended warranty for 3 years which funny enough runs out next month. They've been nothing but useless in the past also. 

But I've just been informed that when they had my car about a year ago as the drivers side window was sticking they never had the car - even though i dropped it at the ford dealership. So it's now 'where was my car taken' as that day i came back to only having 3 bolts holding my wheel on and had to have one of the threads retapped ( which i had to pay for) 

Well i couldn't agree more with Bobr as £500 for a warranty isn't exactly what i'd call pocket money so i'd expect my monies worth although after what you've just mentioned i'm not to sure i'd want them toching the car ..

I had my mot on Tuesday not one problem apart from two tyres, and an advisory for water pump. 

Wednesday comes along my boot opens on it's own, now stopped doing that but can't open the boot unless i unlock it with the key. 

Coming home from work before I have this... Work aren't exactly helping as they won't give me my hours back so I'm in the crap with bills and need the car. Think I'm going though a midlife crisis haha. 

Without taking it to the garage would any of you suggest anything? Like maybe blocked intake or anything silly? 

I've just disconnected the battery to see if it'll reset the boot, didn't work but has calmed down the reving... *Touch wood* it's still there but not as aggressive.