Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Test drove 64 titanium x 125ps but a few ups and downs.

jace1969

Ok just first this is my own opinion,i have the 1.6 Ti-vct Titanium  2011 and think its great and no reason to sell with loads of toys.

I test drove a Tit X with all the toys but a few things i didn't like,first i don't like Key-less entry and push start and there is a few reasons why,sales person put the key

on his desk (about 4 cars away...rough guess) through window and said just go to it and press the door handle as its open so away i went and worked and started it.

Coming right out of mine and into this then back into mine again in say 30 mins i could tell how they both compare,mine reacted quicker in high gear on low

revs and ok when turbo kicked in it went but it would catch me out approaching a junction slow in a high gear which has caught my mate out a lot in his focus.

so that put me off a bit and the armrest (i have fitted one to mine) don't solve anything as its to far back,mine gets the ''arm'' not the funny bone.

I have been in a focus 125ps and did see the same but coming from mine and right into one then back into mine its a big change.

As i said this is my own opinion and not saying its not a dam good car but a hell of a lot of changes,i like the old-ish fashion way where press button to open etc.

if the car unlocks with the key more than one metre away from the door this is a fault. also if the engine starts with the key outside of the vehicle even on the roof the car should not start if it does this is also a fault.

As above, my STs have never started with the fob outside the car and need to be standing next to it for it to open.

you would need to get used to the power delivery, a short test drive isn't enough, even at the same power the delivery is different NA cars need revving more where the torque of a turbo car is low down.

• Like 1

Concur regarding the key.  I found it a pain actually, as I tend to like to start my car whilst I am stood outside because it's great for spotting whether anything is wrong with your car.  But I was never able to do this with keyless entry.  You need to have the key inside and to depress the clutch.

Sorry for being a novice on this key thing but it spooked me out,it was on his desk just inside around 3 or more cars away.

Say if you were parked up and a person walked behind and thob in your pocket that person can walk past and hit the door button and unlocked.

I was going to ask this,does the starting the car work off the same to unlock it are or are they different chips,as said above if the key is on the roof

it should not start but will open the car,then again there is one big thing that really turned me off.

The man and wife always change there cars every 2 years or just after but he paid £19k area just over 2 years ago for this Tit x with more stuff like

he did when he had mine and handed it it for the exact same car with all the stuff again but in red not blue,that don't add up to me.

As for the power i do see your point as i said something you need to get use of but i have to be honest i was hoping a lot more coming from

mine but there is a few things i aint that keen on as i pointed out in my first post on here.

Unless you are stood next to the car with the fob it won't open.

ive been stood at the driver's door, the misses had her set of keys in her bag (mine were at home), it wouldn't open till she was stood at the door.  I've also had the fob in the door pocket and the car wouldn't start as the door was open. 

Not sure if it was posted on here but have seen a ford picture of the area of range of the entry part of the system, it doesn't extend far from the car, it also detects when the fob is inside the car and won't let you lock the car using the door handle button.

from this and other posts it's obvious you like your current car, this new one is a similar power just in a different way and it has a few more features, sounds more like you don't want to part with what you've got so keep it.

1 hour ago, MarksST said:

Unless you are stood next to the car with the fob it won't open.

ive been stood at the driver's door, the misses had her set of keys in her bag (mine were at home), it wouldn't open till she was stood at the door.  I've also had the fob in the door pocket and the car wouldn't start as the door was open. 

Not sure if it was posted on here but have seen a ford picture of the area of range of the entry part of the system, it doesn't extend far from the car, it also detects when the fob is inside the car and won't let you lock the car using the door handle button.

from this and other posts it's obvious you like your current car, this new one is a similar power just in a different way and it has a few more features, sounds more like you don't want to part with what you've got so keep it.

It sounds strange to hand a car in for the exact same car 2 years on,yes i like mine a lot and never let me down but if i dint have mine i would 100% have had it

as its an amazing car in every way and the suff what is on it,having mine which i have had from the same ford dealer and person i know it has been looked after.

I'm just a bit hit and miss with the keyless entry and power start thing,i know i would do something wrong with the thob,now i have to put the key in and its there lol.

By they way the person from Ford rang me 3 weeks ago telling me about the chap i had my car off is swapping his again so i didn't have any reason to sell.

Would anyone have the car for 2 years and spend £19k then hand it in for the same car but different color and spend more on extras again,he lost £1000's

People do swap when on pcp deals at 2 & 3 years, ford employees on the privilege scheme can and do swap every 9 months, some people just leak a new car every so often , might save on servicing, mot, tyres etc.

my fob is nearly always in my pocket, only take it out to unlock the disklok, you can still use the buttons on the fob to lock, unlock, open the boot etc.

10 hours ago, MarksST said:

People do swap when on pcp deals at 2 & 3 years, ford employees on the privilege scheme can and do swap every 9 months, some people just leak a new car every so often , might save on servicing, mot, tyres etc.

my fob is nearly always in my pocket, only take it out to unlock the disklok, you can still use the buttons on the fob to lock, unlock, open the boot etc.

I see know so this chap must just be changing because of the color then as its jump out of the same car into the same car but in red,so its

just the same payment then each month,i would have waited at least for the new one to come out.

Cheers Mark for putting me right on a things on this keyless/start thing,weird but the doors was open but i didn't start it and he never came out.

It was parked right by the showroom window outside and his desk against the window inside,he just said its open and press the door handle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club