Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Standard Tyres

CarEdge

Interested to know what tyres owners' Edges came with and what their view is on them. My Sport came with Pirelli Scorpion Verde; considering changing them as finding a fair amount of vibration/fidgetiness coming through the steering wheel. Wondering if a softer compound may help (though expensive if makes no difference!). 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump the topic if no one is interested, but would be interested to know what standard tyres people have on their Edge Sport. Thanks.

Edge Sport 210 here with the same tyres as you John, only done 350miles in the car but no noticeable vibrations so far (steering wheel doesn't even seem to vibrate for the lane keeping assist :huh:). I intend to run the tyres until they need changing (& hopefully they'll last) but then I'll buy replacements through Oponeo.co.uk

• Like 1

Hey, thanks very much for the feedback and website recommendation. 

Silly question re your lane assist, but assume you have it switched on? I've accidentally knocked it off before now (the button on the end of the indicator stalk). 

17 minutes ago, CarEdge said:

Hey, thanks very much for the feedback and website recommendation. 

Silly question re your lane assist, but assume you have it switched on? I've accidentally knocked it off before now (the button on the end of the indicator stalk). 

It was showing the green lane markings as I drove along the M6 & the colour did change to amber from time to time as I deliberately wandered to try & test it, I bet other drivers thought I'd been on the lagers! So I assume the system was on but I didn't feel a vibration through the steering wheel (or any chime if your meant to get one) but yep good point I'll check the indicator stalk setting tomorrow - sorry prob a daft question but do the lane markings (green/amber or red) only appear when the lane assist is on i.e. When it is off you see nothing on the display? Cheers

Yes, if the lane markings (colour etc) are there then it's on. When it's off you see the car but no lane markings. There is a setting to change what happens with lane assist, so maybe one of the settings needs changing (if you've not done that). Tbh the vibration for lan assist isn't too violent, it's noticable though. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Maybe you've got it switched to visual only? I've got the Pirellis, and I'm very impressed with the lack of road noise, although that may also be due to the noise cancelling kit.

I've got the Pirelli Scorpions on my 2016 Sport, fitted at the factory. I only managed 15,000 miles before needing a new front pair though. Wear was even so no tracking issues. Just seem to be rather soft on the compound or I have a heavy right foot ??

I have just replaced them with Scorpions again. They seem really good, low noise and no vibration... just the price... ouch... £200 each fitted. Even the guy at the tyre place had a sharp intake of breath when he pulled them up on the computer. 

The Sport's suspension is not very forgiving on the roads so any surfaces with ripples (concrete surface on the M25 is particularly bad) always feels like you are running over loose Lego.

Pirelli Scorpion Verde 255/45 R20 105 W XL are £167 from Oponeo (supply only incl. P&P) plus the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 255/45 R20 101 H AO, m+s are £166 on Oponeo (again supply only). I'm not sure what you get charged for tyre fitting only nowadays but I'll look into it as my fronts will need changing any time soon, around 13500 miles on from new (factory fitted on a 210PS Sport Auto).

PS The lane assist is mainly turned off nowadays so I've no longer a problem with that.

Fitting will be soewhere around £15 - £30. If you just pitch up with your tyres and aske for them to be fitted then it's going to be nearer £30. There's profit in supplying and fitting.

Verdes on my sport too, will probably replace with the all season version when the time comes or Vredstien Quatrac 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club